Search the forum,

Discuss bender guides or drifts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodytheplumber

hi all I have acquired m granddads pipe bender its very early record bender but Is marked up for 15 and 22 so I think 20/30 years old it was in a right state when I got it so a spent the last few evenings cleaning and re spraying it chances are it will never to go a job with me but I am a sentimental bugger any how I am looking for the guides for it I know my rothen ones are too thin do any of you have any ideas ? cheers

record, hilmor, bend it now, and most other benders guides will work with it.

you will get some off ebay for about £10-12 i think.

cheers AW is it just the rothenberger ones that are a different size to the rest then?

from my experience yes, tho im not expert. Ive had/got several makes and apart from the rothy they are the same size give or take a nats sausage.

you will prob find the old record bends better than any new on you have with any luck, ive got a few record benders from 15-20 years ago (brought in as new condition of ebay) and they are ace, better than the china carp about now.

If it was blue, probably a record. If it was yellow, probably a hilmor. The hilmor had thicker guides.

In the past I used to mill, as a favour, many a guide for the plumbing guys.
If you know anyone who works in an engineering firm on the milling section, as a last hope, you could always ask them.

its marked up record but its red? cheers

That's the same one I've got, inherited from my Dad. I use it in his memory, with pride and love for the way he taught me. Have left various tools on jobs due to forgetfulness but never my bender.

Want to buy a new one and keep this at home. I'd be devastated if it got nicked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bender guides or drifts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a challenging and interesting problem, which I'll try as best to describe below keeping to the point and as short as possible, to avoid boring any of...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I've been given an old rothenberger pipe bender from my supervisor at work and it has started rippling the pipe and I was just wondering if there was a way of fixing this? I've tried tightening the rollers and the formers and I have made sure that the guides are smooth. If anyone has...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
S
I can see plumbing becoming part of my DIY 'diet' in the next few years, so I've been looking at garnering a few tools together - one of which is a pipe bender. One for 15 and 22mm will do just fine. The options seem to be: A brand-new Hilmor or Record 'professional' type, A second-hand...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock