Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Genesis 80 combi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Dear Group

I have a baxi genesis 80 in my office. Upon turning the boiler on, the pump runs continually and the flame immediately fires up when in the water only mode even though there are no taps on. The flame stays on for perhaps 20 seconds whereby it sounds like its boiling which it probably is as when you turn a tap on the water is scorching. When you switch through to the heating/water on the dial, the pump remains running but the heating will not come on. Anyone got an idea what may cause this. there is a mechanical timer attached and no thermostat. I have unplugged the mechanical timer however it makes no difference. A local plumber was stumped as to what the problem maybe.

All comments appreciated.

Bin off the plumber and find a decent gas safe registered engineer. Forum rules prevent gas repair information in public.

Attached below is the manufacturers information regarding the operation of your boiler , forum rules regarding a exact diagnosis are forbidden for us to post , but a Gas safe engineer should be able to diagnose the fault , your other option is a fixed price repair by Baxi themselves this often works out to be cheaper as they have access to more parts than a GSI . Regards Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-064344.png
    Screenshot_20201013-064344.png
    273.4 KB · Views: 11
Attached below is the manufacturers information regarding the operation of your boiler , forum rules regarding a exact diagnosis are forbidden for us to post , but a Registered Gas Engineer should be able to diagnose the fault , your other option is a fixed price repair by Baxi themselves this often works out to be cheaper as they have access to more parts than a GSI . Regards Kop
Thanks King of Pipes. I suspected that essentially the boiler thinks there is a constant call for water which suggests to me that it thinks there is flow/demand. Not wishing to break forum rules however I noted that the DHW flow switch had continuity whilst in situ however the CH Flow switch did not but does so once you remove it and invert it. As these parts are interchangeable am I right in assuming that they should both not have continuity when the system is off?

Reply to Baxi Genesis 80 combi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hope someone can offer some help with this issue, I have a Baxi 105e works fine no real downside, serviced looked after regularly. Have an issue...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
N
Hi I have a BAXI NETA-TEC COMBI 33 GA boiler and every morning I come down to a small puddle of water underneath the boiler. The gas engineer has...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock