Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 105HE Pressure Switch Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpo2709

Hope anyone can help as i feel someone on here may be my saviour!. I have been left by my Landlord with no Heating for 2 weeks now and my wife has become ill due to her asthma, and my Landlord has ignored my calls etc. I have a Baxi 105 he and i had a fault of a Fan Flue error light. I checked the Condensation pipe and was full of water, looking on here and in the installation instructions it looked like the pipe was fitted wrong. So i Have redone the whole pipe so it matches the guidlines in the manual. It worked for 2 hours then flagged the same fault. I then checked the Venturi and cleaned it out, and again i have the fault. Checked the Flue to ensure nothing was stuck inside etc. The only thing i have not checked is the pressure switch and the sensor tubes.

The boiler switches on as normal, the pump kicks in, the Flue Fan spins it just fails at the point of igniting. It was only serviced 2 months ago by my Landlords plumber. But what worried me was when he said ' One day its gonna need a proper service ' which was assuring!.

I used to work in Plumbers merchants and Wholesale so sold loads of these boilers, but starting to understand why Heating engineers get So frustrated!!.

Thanks in Advance:yes:

I understand your frustrations at being left without heating or hot water, but that's no excuse to mess with the boiler yourself.

As you worked in a plumbers merchants then surely you know the dangers and have heard the horror stories about DIY boiler work.

Get yourself a CO alarm and try and get it sorted by a GSE by your landlord or pay for it yourself and bill your landlord, not ideal but its better then risking your life.

Hi.

First off this paticular forum is for oil rather than gas and secondly some one who isn't gas safe registered shouldn't be touching a gas boiler, period, wever they worked in a merchants or not but I can understand your pain with your wife being ill and your landlord ignoring calls.

But despite saying all of that I erge you to contact a good qualified engineer and have them take a look, don't tinker with it anymore yourself, you are not qualified and in turn not safe to work on it.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

First off this paticular forum is for oil rather than gas and secondly some one who isn't gas safe registered shouldn't be touching a gas boiler, period, wever they worked in a merchants or not but I can understand your pain with your wife being ill and your landlord ignoring calls.

But despite saying all of that I erge you to contact a good qualified engineer and have them take a look, don't tinker with it anymore yourself, you are not qualified and in turn not safe to work on it.

Hope that helps.
WHY are YOU telling the op what to check ????

As above, or if anyone is likely to help, they probably wont be reading this part of the forum...

Closed we don't condone the repairing of any boiler your self and we will not give out advice , whether the intention is good or not. Gas kills end of . Any member giving gas advice out in the open forum to a non competent person will also have there account suspended

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Why does everyone in rented accommodation become ill when the heatings off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105HE Pressure Switch Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a britony combi se 80 with fault 40 60 80 had british gas out to repair under homecare cover but they can't seem to repair it. They have been out 7 times so far and fitted a new pump heat exchanger air pressure switch and a pcb. Does anyone on here know what else could be the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
D
Baxi 105he fault code blocked condensate trap? Removed terminals disconnected the pipes undid fixings removed trap and gave it a good clean out then refitted? Boiler still showing same fault code after a lot of head scratching I changed the terminals over from there original positions on the...
Replies
Views
David Tait
D
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock