Search the forum,

Discuss Basic website costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

I'm thinking about getting a basic website on the go just to try and bring in a few jobs and make myself look a bit more professional.

I don't want anything too fancy just yet, I can always make improvements and changes when im in a position to.

I would include contact details, a couple of photos. a list of services provided. The usual stuff.

Can anyone recommend a company to use or can I create it myself?

What sort of prices would I be looking at? Hopefully someone with something similar to what I have described could advise.

Thanks

There is a forum sponsor who does them.
Think hes called TWD.
If you do a search you may find a post re his offerings.

Really...

I do remember the thread but thought it was all ok.
Shame

Well..., the dude really could do much better job…
He did ask us a question. We call a spade a spade. What do you do!?

Last edited:
i just had one designed from start to finish and i can add things when i choose, its still in the making but ive had lots of leads from it price was £300 plus extras take a look TH Plumbers Bridlington
if you like i can give you info inbox me

lol these pictures are stock photos, there not of me or my work ive only been in business few months my own work is coming soon :)

I used the website builder function on 123-reg.co.uk. £28.78 inc vat per month for Domain, Email and website

Having a website is one thing, making it easy to find is another. The latter will cost you far more than the creation of it.

Thanks for all the info guys, got a few options to look in to.

I am in the very early stages of doing my own jobs but getting a website, even basic might help.

I used Yola.com
First year free, then about £25/year after that for the domain and the hosting.
You get £50 free adwords credit too if you use the right link.
They have a page builder where you choose the template and add photos and text. Dead easy, did mine in a few hours.
Not the classiest website in the world but it has gotten me plenty of custom over the years and it's a web presence which is pretty much vital these days.
I do my own SEO, if I spend an hour a month on it I stay very near the top of page 1 of Google, not touched it for months though so my rank is slipping...

I used Yola.com
First year free, then about £25/year after that for the domain and the hosting.
You get £50 free adwords credit too if you use the right link.
They have a page builder where you choose the template and add photos and text. Dead easy, did mine in a few hours.
Not the classiest website in the world but it has gotten me plenty of custom over the years and it's a web presence which is pretty much vital these days.
I do my own SEO, if I spend an hour a month on it I stay very near the top of page 1 of Google, not touched it for months though so my rank is slipping...

What do you mean if you spend an hour a month on it? Doing what?

Thanks for the info, prices seem reasonable, just looking to get my name out there and as you said a web presence is a must nowadays.

Well of course I 'could' just tell you what to do....
How much does SEO cost again????
Hmmm...

I wasn't asking you to tell me 'what to do'. I don't know what SEO is. I don't know anything about having a website which is the point of the thread.

You can get a simple 1 page set up, simple design, hosted for a year with an email link for under £50.

It won't get you business (probably) but you can put in on your van/cards etc.

It's a start.

It's not just building a website, it's the SEO behind it.

My brother builds them, quite cheap too, manages them for a low fee per month and manages the SEO. I can pass you the details if you like?

I have yet to understand how if SEOs are so good when you go to search for them they dont all appear at the top of the first page on google? Best thing to get right for free is your key words, ie lfracombe plumber,Devon/devon heating , gas engineer devon etc etc. then the searches will bring you up to locals looking for trades etc. All done for free, and will gradually build your presence if you get some google writeups etc

Ash get a Google business listing put up its free of charge and you will get work from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic website costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock