Search the forum,

Discuss Basic tool kit. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adam_S

I've nearly finished a level 2 certificate and need to get a basic tool kit., in order to start working. Has anyone got any advice on what my basic tool kit should consist of?

15 and 22mm pipe slices
Tape measure
Grips
Adj spanner
Small adj spanner
Screw drivers
Level
Hammer
The list goes on......

Start with these few essentials at least.

What did you use in college. That's what you need to do any of the jobs you have done

Those were what I was thinking, so far all I've got is benders. I'll get them and I could just pick up more stuff as and when I need them. :)

On the other hand there's nothing basic about a plumbers kit.

Hard to fit taps without tap spanners

You need a different piece of kit for each job

You could also use the search button at the top right as we've covered this a fair bit of late

Thanks guys, I found what I was looking for in the search option. Didn't even notice it was there.... Doh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic tool kit. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday because the radiators were not working it has stopped working, if I go into the loft and press the flame button on and off it seems to come back to...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some domestic and new builds here and there. Sole trader working for numerous different companies. Been thinking that maybe it's time I started my own...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock