Search the forum,

Discuss Average week on the cards? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rickster123

Evening all, just wondered what you believe to be a fair weeks work for a guy on the cards booking 40 hours a week. I ask because I feel the blokes are being pushed to much at the moment. The work is boiler swaps and or 6 rad combi systems. What should be expected over 5 days?

i would want to be earning £700 per week but i have not worked on the cards for a long time

i would also expect van/fuel/all the gas toys as well

i would want to be earning £700 per week but i have not worked on the cards for a long time

i would also expect van/fuel/all the gas toys as well

I think he's talking work wise, not wedge wise ;)

A boiler change a day is a fair days graft if it's a straight swap or 2/3 days for a 5/6 rad install.

still depends what the pay is pay crap then get slow production

i would question why oh why would anyone do boiler changes on the cards???

Boiler swap, one bloke one day. Upgrade, bbu out and tanks etc, one bloke two days. Full system two blokes, two days.
The harder they're pushed the rougher the work will be.

I might add, the longer they are pushed, the less they will care...

Boiler swap, one bloke one day. Upgrade, bbu out and tanks etc, one bloke two days. Full system two blokes, two days.
The harder they're pushed the rougher the work will be.

And that's the problem. Jobs are starting to look rushed because the guys are being rushed. One guys been given two full heating systems this week. 6 rads and 8 rads. It's too much. A year back it was a system and a boiler in 5 days. Then it went to a system and 2 boilers. And now this.

And that's the problem. Jobs are starting to look rushed because the guys are being rushed. One guys been given two full heating systems this week. 6 rads and 8 rads. It's too much. A year back it was a system and a boiler in 5 days. Then it went to a system and 2 boilers. And now this.

.......from the outside, when companies do this they are either becoming extremely greedy or.........

update your cv adam!

Many moons ago, I was doing two six rad systems a week in flats. I was in my late twenties and it nearly killed me. It's just to much! And there was no lift, the flats were three storeys.

I came off installs years ago as for what they were paying they expect far too much. Combi swap rad valves in a day. I could do it but for £450 a week before tax not a chance pay me a grand I'll do it with out moaning. Full system was 2 days flat or bungalow 2.5 days average 3 bed house. Those I really struggled with.

Looks like you got of the tools at the right time Adam!

Many moons ago, I was doing two six rad systems a week in flats. I was in my late twenties and it nearly killed me. It's just to much! And there was no lift, the flats were three storeys.

But was that price work? These guys are on 30k basic. And overtime is non existent.

But getting grief is better than working for a living surely?

No mate its poo. Boring. Tedious. I still do installs half the week. Met up with an old mate today and might go back house bashing on price instead.

But was that price work? These guys are on 30k basic. And overtime is non existent.

We worked on ten pound an hour, but were allowed to book thirteen hour days if we got things done. it was cracking money at the time. I'm sure it's why I'm fluxed know though!

No mate its poo. Boring. Tedious. I still do installs half the week. Met up with an old mate today and might go back house bashing on price instead.

Why don't you go self employed? You can be miserable like the rest of us then.

What sort of work is it AP? Contract or private?

Is that 2 full packs a week on their own?

They could kiss my ringo if that was expected on the cards.

I know times are tough and especially with H.A work the contract rates are so tight it's almost impossible earning money off them without piling in the extras but that is hard graft for anyone no matter how skilled. Verging on dangerous rushing around shifting furniture, power tools, tenants falling down floor boards, ladder work etc

Hammers, do you know of the company local to us who's strap line was 'done in a day or you don't pay' ?

Hammers, do you know of the company local to us who's strap line was 'done in a day or you don't pay' ?

have worked opposite from his mob on few heating contracts was like wacky plumbing see who could do the most packs , we were doing two packs a day cant do that now tho to many nobbers in the game ruining it.plus dont think i would want to

We worked on ten pound an hour, but were allowed to book thirteen hour days if we got things done. it was cracking money at the time. I'm sure it's why I'm fluxed know though!

Lol 10ph is what company's are paying now around me and expecting 10 services a day that's why I'm self employed.

Lol 10ph is what company's are paying now around me and expecting 10 services a day that's why I'm self employed.

Bloomin heck that's a low wage......and as for 10 services a day, hope theirs no Bunin there.

Glad I don't have to do it, did it years back when you could earn good money, you were treated well and appreciated for what you did, did get my state pension papers today, not long now, then no more S--t to put up with.

Lads I know, cards in are getting paid 90 a boiler swap.

id rather work in Tescos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Average week on the cards? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock