Discuss Asked to install flueless gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always say to my customers "Yes ill fit a flueless gas fire but i will have to put a big vent in your wall first so youll end up using it to heat the cold air coming in through the vent" this usually changes their minds pretty quickly. and for the ones who have their hearts set on it i just over price the job so much that they would be insane to accept my quote. to this day i have never fitted nor will i ever fit a flueless fire.

They are not dangerous if installed and used corectly. Amount of ventilation is a bit on the down side, for you to stay warm, dry safe. Back to basic's, Products of combustion for complete combustion are water vapour and carbon Dioxide, so loads of ventilation, so fluless appliances including cookers have there place, but there is allways a pay back.

have you seen the size of the room you need for 2.8kw fire and the size of the vent 2.8 wouldnt heat up the dog shed never mind a room just a waste of money like i always say huge risk for little gain

Yer serious ventilation. What ever tickles your fancy.

Talking about flueless gas heaters, see enclosed message.

Dear Registered Business,

Gas Safe Register would like to inform you of a new ‘Safety Alert’ (SA), which has been published on the engineer’s section of the Gas Safe Register website.

The safety alert concerns:

SA 007 - Important Product Recall, concerning ‘Calor Classic’, ‘Calor Compact’ and ‘Royal Classic’ portable gas heaters - An important product recall has been issued on some portable gas heaters purchased since the 1 August 2010, due to reports that a small number of these products have been malfunctioning. Registered engineers that encounter these portable gas heaters should advise their customers to stop using the heater and to immediately contact their supplier.

Whilst the risk is perceived to be minimal, consumer safety is paramount; therefore, a product recall has been issued. The malfunction in ‘Calor Classic’, ‘Calor Compact’ and ‘Royal Classic’ portable gas heaters purchased after the 1 August 2010 could lead to the heaters emitting carbon monoxide marginally above the allowed levels. No other products are affected.

The above safety alert can be viewed and downloaded from your online account. [DLMURL="https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Login.aspx"]Login[/DLMURL] and visit the Technical Information area to access safety alerts.

If you have any questions relating to the safety alert or other technical issues, please call the Technical helpline on 0800 408 5577 and choose option 1.

Kind Regards

Technical Services
Gas Safe Register

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Asked to install flueless gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back