Discuss Asked to install flueless gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
your right but focal point(as far as i know) should have taken the rap as well

apperantley the hse inspected 20 f/l gas from focul piont in there lab,found over half had faulty gas vavle settings.
these were tested straight out of box,
like a lot of the mass market made in china ,shipped over here and badged up,and as always we are ones who are fully responsable
for any gas safety issue,would recomend that no one touches them

plus how do you stop a customer covering the vent if its drafty no mater how you set the fire up,cover the vent and there ye trouble ,no ventalation first thing you learn in course /collage ventalation

Just to point out it was a Focal point Piano fire I installed and then ID straight away when I noticed the CO readings at Low flame, it came straight out the factory like that.

Just to point out it was a Focal point Piano fire I installed and then ID straight away when I noticed the CO readings at Low flame, it came straight out the factory like that.

i have had 9 focal point flueless out of tune and have had to id all from new thats why i wont fit any more bloody things are lethal

on trust a trader theres been someone asking for someone to fit a flueless fire for about 3 weeks with no replys be the first it says lol i wpnder why?

Hi

Thanks for all your advice, best to stay clear of them!!

Much appreciated

i installed a focal point on thursday and when checked burner pressure it was under set. also fit co alarm - we tell customer its part of price when quote ( just add 15.00 to quote) everyones them happy including customer when they know there is asafety devise in place.

Don't give them to much bad press. They are 100% efficient. Trouble is the ventilation requirements are enormous, so 100% goes out the window, also must use flue gas analysis with ambient room setting as well. Gas rating pressure ect is what must do on everthing anyway. If you fit one make sure you allow as much time to carry out the testing as you do the install.

dont disagree with ye reg man just i wouldnt fit them personally after seing the few i have ,plus dont want the responsabilty of someone blocking the vent and them dying regardless of all the checks they need 100cm2 vent whos gunner put up with that kind of draft its a no brainer to me

dont disagree with ye reg man just i wouldnt fit them personally after seing the few i have ,plus dont want the responsabilty of someone blocking the vent and them dying regardless of all the checks they need 100cm2 vent whos gunner put up with that kind of draft its a no brainer to me

i totally agree with you, ok they are legal to fit, are CE rated, fit for purpose, and even if we do belt and braces checks and the customer later on blocks the vent it is still on your concience that someone was injured or died on a job you were on,

i have this evening been to see a customer and they have bought a fluless focalpoint and want me to fit it, i dont want to fit it but how do you tell them no and tell them the concerns about them

you wont have a problem as long as you read mi,s,do a fga and most importantly gas rate the appliance also quote for a co detector personally after finding 9 new faulty ones i am not fitting any more

So I take it we don't have alot of confidence in this type of appliance? Not wishing to upset these appliance manufacturer's, but the ball is in their court to convince most people on this forum that the flueless gas fire is a good appliance that a gas enginneer can install without worrying that there could be safety implications that will bite you on the bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Asked to install flueless gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back