Discuss Are there any books I can buy for commercial Boiler servicing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryster

Hi everyone,

So after a bit of advice last night I today booked myself in for an assesment for CIGA1.
Basically this will enable me to take a job offer which includes the service of commercial Boilers.

So, I have my COCN1 and was told that I wont be doing any fluing calculations as this is included in the Commercial gas safety. Now I have done a bit of boiler work over the years with my previous company (I was always with somebody) and I went through boiler controls and safety devices when I was at college a good few years back.

I know what is involved with servicing, and I am know everything within a boiler, Im just looking to see if there is a specific book I could buy which will go through a whole procedure of commercial boiler servicing, or at the least domestic servicing. The guy at Sgas in Blackpool told me everything will be almost exactly the same as domestic boiler servicing bar a few points. Which is fair enough.

I did ask for a days training to bring me upto speed but he said they dont do this for single appliances, but as I have my COCN1 I really shouldnt find it hard at all.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I would really like to make sure Im completly at ease with what Im doing before I go in there next week.

Many thanks people,

Ryan.

should be in the mi

I would imagine they will be in the manufacturer's instructions, But I just wondered if there was any books I could read that would give a detail over general practice of servicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are there any books I can buy for commercial Boiler servicing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock