Search the forum,

Discuss Aqualisa Aquastream - repair or replace? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

During my shower yesterday the pump stopped working. The Aqualisa Aquastream was installed approximately 10 years ago and has been very reliable until now and has been a great shower. I changed the 3 amp fuse in the switched socket in the airing cupboard and the fuse is not the problem. Should I be looking at replacing this with a new one, either like for like or something similar, or would a plumber first investigate repairing the shower unit. To replace it with a new Aquastream it looks like it will cost around 500 pounds plus fitting, but I wasn't sure whether repairs are sometimes viable or is it at the end of useful life? I am not sure whether to arrange a plumber visit to investigate/repair, or ask for plumber estimate to fit new unit. If replacement advised are there any similar products I should consider? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

depends what's broke if it is the pump you are looking at about £130 to £150 for the part so would be half the price of a new one plus fitting costs. may be worth repairing plumber will look and advise best method.

gives you some idea of spares

Usually you open the shower up and there is black dust everywhere from the carbon brushes, I don’t think they’re replaceable- so I have often fitted a new pump assembly and the shower is good to go.
If it’s more than that , then replace the whole unit - you’ll get a new shower hose and head too.
The pipework is unusual on these so it is far better to replace like for like, a good little unit anyway.

Mine is a 2003 model, the motor went yesterday. Replaced hose, head, on/off knob and cartridge over the years. Time for a new one £509 fitting it myself.

Usually you open the shower up and there is black dust everywhere from the carbon brushes, I don’t think they’re replaceable- so I have often fitted a new pump assembly and the shower is good to go.
If it’s more than that , then replace the whole unit - you’ll get a new shower hose and head too.
The pipework is unusual on these so it is far better to replace like for like, a good little unit anyway.
They are replaceable, about ten pounds, ebay

Reply to Aqualisa Aquastream - repair or replace? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock