Search the forum,

Discuss Aqualisa Aquastream - repair or replace? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

During my shower yesterday the pump stopped working. The Aqualisa Aquastream was installed approximately 10 years ago and has been very reliable until now and has been a great shower. I changed the 3 amp fuse in the switched socket in the airing cupboard and the fuse is not the problem. Should I be looking at replacing this with a new one, either like for like or something similar, or would a plumber first investigate repairing the shower unit. To replace it with a new Aquastream it looks like it will cost around 500 pounds plus fitting, but I wasn't sure whether repairs are sometimes viable or is it at the end of useful life? I am not sure whether to arrange a plumber visit to investigate/repair, or ask for plumber estimate to fit new unit. If replacement advised are there any similar products I should consider? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

depends what's broke if it is the pump you are looking at about £130 to £150 for the part so would be half the price of a new one plus fitting costs. may be worth repairing plumber will look and advise best method.

gives you some idea of spares

Usually you open the shower up and there is black dust everywhere from the carbon brushes, I don’t think they’re replaceable- so I have often fitted a new pump assembly and the shower is good to go.
If it’s more than that , then replace the whole unit - you’ll get a new shower hose and head too.
The pipework is unusual on these so it is far better to replace like for like, a good little unit anyway.

Mine is a 2003 model, the motor went yesterday. Replaced hose, head, on/off knob and cartridge over the years. Time for a new one £509 fitting it myself.

Usually you open the shower up and there is black dust everywhere from the carbon brushes, I don’t think they’re replaceable- so I have often fitted a new pump assembly and the shower is good to go.
If it’s more than that , then replace the whole unit - you’ll get a new shower hose and head too.
The pipework is unusual on these so it is far better to replace like for like, a good little unit anyway.
They are replaceable, about ten pounds, ebay

The brushes in the motor are replaceable, get then from Ebay, about 10 pounds. Easy to fix

Mine is a 2003 model, the motor went yesterday. Replaced hose, head, on/off knob and cartridge over the years. Time for a new one £509 fitting it myself.
can i ask what model you purchased and where from to replace your Aquastream?

Could anyone advise me how much it will cost for installing an aqua stream plus fitting?

Reply to Aqualisa Aquastream - repair or replace? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock