Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone have experience with Training providers. Need help in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I signed up to the 247 training uk plumbing course level 2 and 3 nvq but I’ve done about 4 months of theory work at home, I’ve completed 13 modules now having to do a health and safety exam multiple choice( it’s a easy exam but I keep failing I’ve done it 4 times now and you get no help or feedback!)before attending the training centre in Wolverhampton which is apparently called ERR training. But I’ve started to have my doubts about this company and if they are just scamming me out of £7800 pound cause I’ve signed a load agreement with a company call Caledonian consumer finance. There’s a lot of bad reviews saying it’s a scam and I’ve notice when you call 247 training uk it’s goes to a call centre and you speak to a different person each time and they are quite rude and not much help! Can anyone shed any light on this company and if it is a scam or not ?

Hello mate i have the same concerns about the course, im on the course for 2 months now and im getting very stressed about of if it is a scam ot not do you have any news??

Hi have been doing my domestic gas engineer course with 247 training I've seen all the reviews on trust pilot and got spooked and called 247training to confront them they seemed pretty confident and gave me the company number which I called city and guilds and they said they were a recognised training company with them and ensured me it was fine I've now completed module 17 and iam awaiting my online health and saftey test they have told me once completed I will be automatically booked on a practical in Wolverhampton anyone else had the same said to them or are past the stage iam at would like to hear from you thanks

Hello, Logic4Training seems to be very trustworthy. 4.9 stars on Trustpilot and 97% positive feedback.

I used them for a 17th edition course a few years ago and the company I did my last two ACS's with and G3 unvented HWSS use Logic4training's books/materials which I believe is now LCL Awards on the books and certificates.

The issue with all of these these courses though is that, unless you have been shown in a real-life apprentice-like environment by an experiences tradesman how to do many many tasks and overcome many problems, you will have a bit of a nightmare learning it all yourself by trial and error.

There are so many possibilities of what you will come across on the job in real life, you'll have to stick with it for around 7 years to be comfortable and even then you'll still come across new things but at least you would have the experience by then to deal with it.

Sometimes you only need to go to a different town to come across an estate with a whole load of houses done differently to what you've seen before with different heating and hot water systems to any others in your region!

If you are prepared to stick with it, work very hard, be very stressed out and finally get to the light at the end of the tunnel, then it is possible. Some people do manage it.

Reply to Anyone have experience with Training providers. Need help in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock