Search the forum,

Discuss Any one had shingles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
There fun that's all im going to say

had to take the next week off

Wife did a few years back. She was really ill with it. Took a fair few months to properly get over it.

Years ago. Interesting event. The rash follows a nerve line doesn't it?

I think it's most common on the face !

I presume you have been afflicted?

Don't read the internet side effects and issues it can cause, you won't sleep for worrying.

Spend your time trying to find the answer to that Main HE problem. I left a message with the one who knows but he must be off this week. When he comes back to me I will let you know what he said

Don't read the internet side effects and issues it can cause, you won't sleep for worrying.

Spend your time trying to find the answer to that Main HE problem. I left a message with the one who knows but he must be off this week. When he comes back to me I will let you know what he said

Yep all over me back and sides on the plus codine is very good :D

And side effects hahaha done care for them pain I can deal with :)

Wife did a few years back. She was really ill with it. Took a fair few months to properly get over it.

Had them a week now doc said there starting to scab and should be gone within a week and half then tenderness and no heavy lifting for a month then should be all gone

I am not wanting to sound depressing, but need to look after your health Shaun.
Shingles can be brought on if you are run down a bit, or have an immune disorder. I know that from what happened a relative of mine.
In elderly people it is common.
I think the virus lies dormant in your body and strikes when you are less resilient.
Important that you got it treated quickly. Anyone who leaves it too late will have pain for life

I had it about 10 years ago. At first I thought I had broken a rib.

I read all the online horror stories, but to be honest, it wasnt as bad as I was expecting. Swallowing the enormous blue pills was the hardest part. I was back at work after about a week, and all symptoms gone soon after that.

I had it about 10 years ago. At first I thought I had broken a rib.

I read all the online horror stories, but to be honest, it wasnt as bad as I was expecting. Swallowing the enormous blue pills was the hardest part. I was back at work after about a week, and all symptoms gone soon after that.

Exactly the same broke a rib and bad back

Least I have felt what most of you old guys go through :D

And got water dissolve ones

I was lucky. Never caught it. It goes back to the chicken pox virus I think. I had chicken pox as a kid, totally spotty but not ill. The wife never had chicken pox, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. She had it over her chest, neck and scalp.

I was lucky. Never caught it. It goes back to the chicken pox virus I think. I had chicken pox as a kid, totally spotty but not ill. The wife never had chicken pox, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. She had it over her chest, neck and scalp.

It does, it's all herpes linked:-
Chicken pox, shingles, Glandular fever, etc

Now that, Glandular fever, is hell on earth !

Can you drink on those tablets Shaun ?
will you be in the Arms or in your pajama's

Nope too strong defo flying the magic dragon if you do

I had it last year
Very itchy but i didnt have much pain luckily.

Picked them up 12 years or so ago after working in a right scabby house.
Was in a right state body completely covered felt like sun burn .
Had them internal as well down throat , mouth in eyelids.

Ended up getting anti virals for them , skin was blotchy for weeks after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any one had shingles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock