Search the forum,

Discuss anton analyser not reading correctly? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MP plumb

i done a gas service today and i used the anton to do a tightness test. i went though the motion of the let by, then stabilisation then the tightness,and all was fine until it got to the tightness... i was about a min in when suddenly it completly dropped to a minus. I redone the test, and all was fine, could my analyser be faulty?
btw, aparantly no one had turned anything on whilst i was testing.

no one had turned anything on , HA if i had a dime for every , never mind

what about boiler kicking in ora hot tap if its a combi

there was only 2 people in the house, and one of them was in kitchen with me... the other, im not sure, but i turned boiler off so the pilot light was off, so even if they did turn tap on, nothing would of happened. if it was a leak, the let by and stabilisation would of failed, surley?

...dont call me shirley..

(ok, rubbish joke)

ok but can we call you Cinderella , did it pass when you did the test again, and i say this because ive done i myself but the hose didnt come loose on the bottom of the anton did it

you can call me cinderella when u guess my shoe size?!!... and when you come along with your glass coach and 'dog alike' horses? yes it passed the second time on tightness, but i didnt touch the tube, i just reset it and tried again because i didnt beleive the first reading.

hahahah..... only jokin! thought id shock u a bit. im a 5-6, depending on wheta shop i go to, pretty average. x :)

bo, if only u did say that, you could of been my prince charming! oh la la
but back to the question...?

Defo a plumber with that sense of humour you'll go far , I'd say see how you get on over next few then send back for checking

Your first mistake was buying a Anton.:hammer: Kane rules!

You second, was not using a good old U-Gauge. They never fail.

grahamM, come april, every one will need the CPA1 if you are to work on the boilers so a good old u gauge isnt going to be good enough. 'Get with the programe!' x

u gauge in my book will still be good enough for the TT cpa1 only requires the FGA of a appliance not a TT BTW Claire i also have a anton and hose fit is pants IMHO watch my mate bod he has a foot fetish LOL

I don't trust any form of electronic manometer. U gauge (or J gauge) every time for me, I can see if it develops a fault and there's no batteries to run out.

grahamM, come april, every one will need the CPA1 if you are to work on the boilers so a good old u gauge isnt going to be good enough. 'Get with the programe!' x

What has CPA1 got do do with carrying out a TT with a trusty old U-Guage that does not require calibrating annually and balancing to atmos. pressure?

huff... do i stand corrected then? :(

pants

only a foot fetish ei? nails painted or naturelle?!!

ok, ok i get it! you all like a u-gauge! so are you saying i need to go back to that? and only use the anton for the flue gas?

I'm a big time gadget girl; however, for routine tightness tests, u gauge all the way. If I had something strange I wanted to document, might throw the analyser on for a print out.

423448_10150622526103129_534118128_9408082_961527891_n.jpg

thought id throw this pic in of my cat bored of the plumbing forum....
(yes, ive been shopping to dunelm today)

and yes, ive had a glass of wine. and yes,my computer is sitting on a blanket, on the bloody table!.... but i dont know why

423448_10150622526103129_534118128_9408082_961527891_n.jpg

thought id throw this pic in of my cat bored of the plumbing forum....
(yes, ive been shopping to dunelm today)
that could throw up many interesting replies LOL,but yes a u gauge is best for a TT or soundness as i call it

thanks dancinplumba, i look after it well....

but HIS name is TERRY!!!! hahahahahaha
what a name for a ***** that lovely hey?!

since ive gone on my own, i dont own a u guage any more. i cant beleive were still using the good old fashion tools!.... but if u lot say so..... i guess i shall follow your humble lead.

although, im doing my test for the CPA1 on friday so ill let you know what the blokes at the test center think ;)

since ive gone on my own, i dont own a u guage any more. i cant beleive were still using the good old fashion tools!.... but if u lot say so..... i guess i shall follow your humble lead.

although, im doing my test for the CPA1 on friday so ill let you know what the blokes at the test center think ;)
rothenberger do a half decent one,monument one is tat regin premier is good but way over priced for what it is IMHO,dont buy a bendy one or a glass version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anton analyser not reading correctly? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock