Discuss ADVISE PLEASE - What replacement boiler for Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Why repair a terrible boiler? Your just wasting money. I've replaced two 3 year old ferrolis before now because the landlord had had enough of breakdowns. Would never touch/work on one again. As for vaillant, all boiler have their troubles...but serviced properly and with a 7 year warranty you can't go wrong...ecotec plus.

I agree, if you read the thread i WANTED to replace it with a Baxi DuoTec/7 year warranty BUT i presumed the existing flue could be used, it can not so it's not just a simple boiler 'swap', looks like i will need scaffold for the tile 'shroud' PLUS loft access/working up there to fit flue will be a nightmare as the insulation is 3 ft thick....

I have spent about £1500 JUST to keep it going the last 2 years !!

I never new Vaillant do a 7 year warranty boiler !!

I 'think' there is a way to put a 90 on top of boiler outlet and put it out through outside wall, it will not look as nice, but would save a LOT of hassle/money...????? What do you reckon, i could add pics if necessary...

I agree, if you read the thread i WANTED to replace it with a Baxi DuoTec/7 year warranty BUT i presumed the existing flue could be used, it can not so it's not just a simple boiler 'swap', looks like i will need scaffold for the tile 'shroud' PLUS loft access/working up there to fit flue will be a nightmare as the insulation is 3 ft thick..

I have spent about £1500 JUST to keep it going the last 2 years !!

I never new Vaillant do a 7 year warranty boiler !!

I 'think' there is a way to put a 90 on top of boiler outlet and put it out through outside wall, it will not look as nice, but would save a LOT of hassle/money...????? What do you reckon, i could add pics if necessary...
Go for the pics as people wake up they will log on and all have a look, centralheatking

Standard 5 year warranty but 7 years if fitted by a vaillant advance installer. Some even are 10 year. You could go horizontal with the flue...all depends on boundarys and distances. I have known installers to use existing flues from different manufacturers but as said above it is illegal.

Here are some pics guys (the current flue through roof it LESS than year old as the WHOLE street had grants for new roofs etc, it must protrude about 1m and is still shining like new !!!

Pics below with proposed alterations, what do you reckon guys ??

Cheers

New Boiler Front Pic Wall.JPG

New Boiler Front Pic.JPG

New Boiler Outside.JPG

Flat roof Access.JPG

Any reason why you want to change the flue location?

It ALL in the post mate, the EXISTING flue can NOT be used apparently (even though its all like new !!)

Loft access is awkard and i would need scaffold i presume for the roof ??

Replace the flue for a new one you won't need scaf just a cat ladder

Go for the new flu location and just put a new one in to that point. Don't forget that it needs inspection hatches if you decide to box it in.

That's a lot of work your talking of adding an extra 5-600 ontop moving the flue to a horizontal

That's a lot of work your talking of adding an extra 5-600 ontop moving the flue to a horizontal

I know, but it's better accessible and depending on who he's getting to install it, whether they'd work of a ladder. Need to be an uninterrupted run out the roof as well cos access to loft space isn't easy and may not be good for inspection. Up to OP really, but I think he'd really like to reuse the existing flu which ain't possible, no matter how shiny it is ;)

Reply to ADVISE PLEASE - What replacement boiler for Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am the miserable owner of a Keston C36 boiler. It has had EVERYTHING on it replaced. My questions is, what do I replace it with and...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock