Search the forum,

Discuss ADVISE PLEASE - What replacement boiler for Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

I have a Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B and it is nothing but trouble, i have had a new PCB fitted, new preesure gauge, new pump and it is not working AGAIN due to pump broken again !!!

The Engineer has disconnected the pump so i only have HW, he also stated there is very small leak on Heat Exchanger (he did show me tiny bit of rust on backplate of the boiler ?)

I have had enough the Ferroli and need something reliable for winter....

I have asked for a price of a total replacement boiler and wanted a Baxi DUO TEC 24 or 28E as he has fitted on of these at my parents and it has been brilliant PLUS a 7 year warranty !!

He has stated that since the FLUE exits vertically through the roof (it goes through ceiling for 1m then 45deg for 1m the vertical again up through tiles/roof), it alsi has a 'support bracket midway).

I would also like to add ALL of the flue is less than 1 year old as it was all replaced when i had a new roof/Local Gov grant.

He has stated a BAXI can NOT be fitted due to the flue being the wrong size and is getting back to me later wit a 'suitable boiler' which will most probably be ANOTHER Ferroli or if i want a BAXI i would have to have ALL the flue replaced as well (expensive!!!)

Is this true guys ? What are my options here ?? What would you recommend???

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

You absolutely cannot use the flue of a different boiler. This is classed as modifying a gas appliance and is a big no no

Cheers, i just wanted confirmation...

What would be my best option ?
Use a newer model compatible Ferroli ( i hate them !!!!)

Or get pump replaced and when i have the funds get a decent boiler/new flue ?

I did forget to ask, will he need to go onto the roof when flue is replced or can it be done from attic space ?

Cheers

Any boilers better than that garbage sorry! but true , if your on a tight budget look at baxi or ideal , a loft install you will have to follow the regulations ,have a fixed loft ladder , timber walk way , wired lighting, guard around the boiler, smoke and co alarm , and no flue can't be fitted from inside the wall will need making good before the weather shroud is fitted on the outside. Cheers kop

Any boilers better than that garbage sorry! but true , if your on a tight budget look at baxi or ideal , a loft install you will have to follow the regulations ,have a fixed loft ladder , timber walk way , wired lighting, guard around the boiler, smoke and co alarm , and no flue can't be fitted from inside the wall will need making good before the weather shroud is fitted on the outside. Cheers kop

The boiler is easily accessible as its just on the wall in the bathroom, it's only the Flue that goes through attic/roof....

A Baxi is what i want (did not think the DUO TEC with 7 year warranty were budget !!)....

What would you class as a NON budget boiler then mate ?

Looks like i will just get pump replaced for the winter and get something decent next summer when i have more funds (the amount i have spent on this terrible Ferroli over the years it WOULD of been more cost effective to have changed it years ago !!!

#Oh well

Thanks

Plus i have spoke to a mate who has a Ferroli 701 fitted in 1997 and STILL going !! It's had a new PCB and new PRV since then !!! Must be luck or the installer !!

both the boilers were made better back then less to go wrong

Same as cars sometimes you just get a lemon but there are so many variables. Type of system, quality of install, regular maintenance, amount of use, proper sizing, correct controls to name but a few

A new boiler needs to be fitted to a clean system, preferably with a magnetic filter.

I always presumed those filters were 'snake oil' !!! Plus the stupid amount of additives out there, my engineering is fitting new pump and using anti leak additive now !! Fernox ?? Pump with fitting/additive costs nearly half the price of the WHOLE boiler !! Rrrrr

I always presumed those filters were 'snake oil' !!! Plus the stupid amount of additives out there, my engineering is fitting new pump and using anti leak additive now !! Fernox ?? Pump with fitting/additive costs nearly half the price of the WHOLE boiler !! Rrrrr
No they are very good!

I didn't say baxi was a budget boiler I said "if your working on a budget" meaning baxi and ideal will be competitively priced both offer good warranties up to 10 years on some models don't fit a 24kw the hot water produced will be disappointing in winter, many merchants sell a replacement heating pack which will be the boiler , flue , magnetic filter, chemicals , and scale reducer at a discounted price . Cheers kop

I didn't say baxi was a budget boiler I said "if your working on a budget" meaning baxi and ideal will be competitively priced both offer good warranties up to 10 years on some models don't fit a 24kw the hot water produced will be disappointing in winter, many merchants sell a replacement heating pack which will be the boiler , flue , magnetic filter, chemicals , and scale reducer at a discounted price . Cheers kop

You are SPOT ON, i asked my Engineer and they sell more of the higher model 28kw !!! So i would be cheaper !!

I NEVER would of presumed that !

Thanks for your info and knowledge...It is MUCH appreciated. !

Cheers

My little toy could fit a whole bathroom suite in, and with all my tools/tube and probably beat most super cars to the job.

;)

Why repair a terrible boiler? Your just wasting money. I've replaced two 3 year old ferrolis before now because the landlord had had enough of breakdowns. Would never touch/work on one again. As for vaillant, all boiler have their troubles...but serviced properly and with a 7 year warranty you can't go wrong...ecotec plus.

Why repair a terrible boiler? Your just wasting money. I've replaced two 3 year old ferrolis before now because the landlord had had enough of breakdowns. Would never touch/work on one again. As for vaillant, all boiler have their troubles...but serviced properly and with a 7 year warranty you can't go wrong...ecotec plus.

I agree, if you read the thread i WANTED to replace it with a Baxi DuoTec/7 year warranty BUT i presumed the existing flue could be used, it can not so it's not just a simple boiler 'swap', looks like i will need scaffold for the tile 'shroud' PLUS loft access/working up there to fit flue will be a nightmare as the insulation is 3 ft thick....

I have spent about £1500 JUST to keep it going the last 2 years !!

I never new Vaillant do a 7 year warranty boiler !!

I 'think' there is a way to put a 90 on top of boiler outlet and put it out through outside wall, it will not look as nice, but would save a LOT of hassle/money...????? What do you reckon, i could add pics if necessary...

I agree, if you read the thread i WANTED to replace it with a Baxi DuoTec/7 year warranty BUT i presumed the existing flue could be used, it can not so it's not just a simple boiler 'swap', looks like i will need scaffold for the tile 'shroud' PLUS loft access/working up there to fit flue will be a nightmare as the insulation is 3 ft thick..

I have spent about £1500 JUST to keep it going the last 2 years !!

I never new Vaillant do a 7 year warranty boiler !!

I 'think' there is a way to put a 90 on top of boiler outlet and put it out through outside wall, it will not look as nice, but would save a LOT of hassle/money...????? What do you reckon, i could add pics if necessary...
Go for the pics as people wake up they will log on and all have a look, centralheatking

Standard 5 year warranty but 7 years if fitted by a vaillant advance installer. Some even are 10 year. You could go horizontal with the flue...all depends on boundarys and distances. I have known installers to use existing flues from different manufacturers but as said above it is illegal.

Here are some pics guys (the current flue through roof it LESS than year old as the WHOLE street had grants for new roofs etc, it must protrude about 1m and is still shining like new !!!

Pics below with proposed alterations, what do you reckon guys ??

Cheers

New Boiler Front Pic Wall.JPG

New Boiler Front Pic.JPG

New Boiler Outside.JPG

Flat roof Access.JPG

Any reason why you want to change the flue location?

Reply to ADVISE PLEASE - What replacement boiler for Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock