Discuss Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alg1985

Hi all , I am new to this site ! I have been out of our industry for two years whilst working in Australia and i am just getting back into the swing of things , with this new Eco scheme I just need to get my confidence back up to get a job basically .
I am looking for some on advice on how to convert an open vented system to a sealed system . If you can tell me what pipes I need to cap off and link , what I should look out for etc it would be great if someone can just advise me on how to do the conversion , I have an idea but don't want to mess it up when it comes round to me doing one

thanks very much much and I will look forward to your replies

Welcome bark.
I'm not so sure croppie will accept such advice being given over an open forum.
Though you're dealing with the wet section of the installation, the whole setup will involve gas at some stage.
I'll let croppie decide.
RU converting to a Combi boiler or just want to make the system sealed as opposed to being open vented?

So how long were you a plumber before your two years out?

2 years then got made redundant so moved to Aus and did machanical pipe fitting . The company I worked for previous we mainly did bathrooms , I have my gas safe so was doing landlord safety checks etc , I didn't get much experience on the installation side so that's why I asked for advice on here ,
basically want to convert to a combi boiler and just want to get a bit of advice on what to cap of etc

I understand as I say I am new to this site and just want advice on the wet stuff , hot and cold feed flow and return , just want to know what I cap of when taking the cylinder out etc

Its like riding a bike. You never forget. If you could do it before you can still do it. Just do a bit of homework and get a pencil and bit paper out and draw it.

Cheers for the advice , just need to get my confidence back that's all

Why does it worry you ????? Just asking for a bit of advice on a plumbers forum as I am new to the industry and don't have a lot of experience in the installation side of the industry ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock