Search the forum,

Discuss advice on the cpa1 bpec requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craigoneil

hi there does anyone no what the bpec requirements are for this as im needing to do it very soon

just got to test several appliances and sit a short written assessment, multiple choice

requirements? not sure, just learn to use the analyser and youl be fine

im meaning is it a hard test and iwanting to no the things that ill be tested so i no what to refresh my self with

refresh? you done this before?

are you doing a course or just assessment? if you need to aks these questions i suggest you need to do the course

its quite simple its a gas anayliser assessment, so you need to know how to use one and what the results mean, we cannot tell you any more than this, it should be quite clear

ok i understand that but ill need to go for trianing for it as ive never used one that why im asking for advise on what to look at when i go for the trainging

if you do the assessment in a decent centre they will/should send you some good training notes befoore hand, do you intend to go for assessment only? if so you will prob need some notes to use, basically there are 5 questions to answer, and 5-6 appliances to check depending on the centre it will be flueless fire, combi's open flued appliance, you then need to confirm that the appliance is safe to leave on, so can you read the screen of an analyser? can you read MI? do you know which number is heigher and therefore whether it is safe or not?, thats about the strength of it, what area are you in? we charge £65 plus £45 cert fee (to bpec not us) plus the dreaded VAT, so it can seem a bit expensive as a one off but there isnt a lot any centre can do about you needing to do it as a one off, when taken with CCN1 and/or other appliances we usually chuck it in for free, cause we are a nice centre haha

just read you are doing this as initial, if you have CCN1 i dont understand why it isnt part of your CCN1 and appliances, or do you mean its the first time you have needed to take CPA1, if you are currently working in gas you have done CCN1 which includes combustion so you really only need to know how the analyser works, can you not practice at work before your assessment?
there are far more intense courses available which will give you a lot more experience and knowledge check out GES i dont know how much they charge but have heard their course is excellant but to be brutally honest not everyone needs or wants the intense course, they simply want to comply with the new reg saying they need to prove competance when working on certain appliances, i have assessed loads of guys who "need" to do CPA1 and simply want to pay their dosh and get the assessment done they have little interest in the deeper level, i'm sure someone will advice on the GES cost

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you kirk and the rest of the people that hae commented

think i might have spoken to you earlier about the coarse where is your trianing centre

yes you did, didnt look at your name, ach well now you know, and as i said only the decent centres give you free training notes when you come in for assessment only haha

hi kirk ie got my ccn1 but im on here to found out what the cryteria is for the test and how much trianing i would need i done my trianing 2 years ago

was on the forum just to find out what i would need to refresh on before going so i would no what to look out for

go to your local collage would be best

eh why should he go to a college and give them his money why cant i have it?
seriously CPA1 is what it is you should be able to do assessment only anywhere its all down to price and availability

ill be usuing your trianing centre kirk ill give you a call in the nxt few weeks

the CPA1 takes an hour and half to do according to our tutor , bit of a no brainer really . cost around £100 from memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice on the cpa1 bpec requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Does anyone know what this is (in a kitchen cupboard, under the kitchen sink)? I'm wondering if it is an accumulator. Mains water pressure is very low in the property. There's a bleed nipple on top, but it seems very small for an accumulator. Thanks for your advice everyone. Jennie
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Hi, would anyone like to hazard a guess at what's causing this problem on the ground floor of our house? As you can see, the bottom of both sides of the door frame are wet. The doorway is nowhere near any windows and is positioned pretty much in the centre of the house. Could this be water...
Replies
Views
Morning All, I have 1800’s farm house 3 storeys. Have a single floor side extension. The ground floor single storey extension houses Worcester oil boiler and unvented water tank, in the next door room I have a 30KW Henley Druid stove with back boiler giving 23KW to HW/CH I have also purchased...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock