Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on air admittance valve. Toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Please see pic! I can't seem to fit this air admittance valve on the back of the toilet. Is there any other fitting I need for this to work.
IMG_20211127_175826695.jpg

It’s not really designed for going back there

Isn’t the stack vented externally?

It’s not really designed for going back there

Isn’t the stack vented externally?

Why does it have this on the top of the pan connector though!

Yes it has a vent pipe although this is connected to the same soil pipe underneath the floor. See pic below. It was either this or a sani FL w toilet although I was advised against the saniflow because of issues can arise with them.

Attachments

• IMG_20211026_070706796.jpg
    IMG_20211026_070706796.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 11
A 32mm elbow just fits under

So, the advice would be to get a 32mm elbow and take it away from the toilet a few inches then put the air admittance valve on there. My limited knowledge of these valves I was thinking they had to be on top of the pan connector.

You can do that if you want

Sorry to be a bit slow and if I've missed the question. Presumably there is a sink associated with each w/c? Could you go for a cabinet style boxed in sink then hide the AAV inside that. Back of the loo could be boxed in also if you wanted. Get it all working nicely first.

The only bee in my bonnet I have about boxing in is the use of veneered chipboard (not good with water) - just my own view.

Cheers,

Roy (amateur)

Sorry to be a bit slow and if I've missed the question. Presumably there is a sink associated with each w/c? Could you go for a cabinet style boxed in sink then hide the AAV inside that. Back of the loo could be boxed in also if you wanted. Get it all working nicely first.

The only bee in my bonnet I have about boxing in is the use of veneered chipboard (not good with water) - just my own view.

Cheers,

Roy (amateur)

Small sink in this room however it has its own pipe to the outside.

Vertical normally manufacturer instructions will tell you

Small sink in this room however it has its own pipe to the outside.
There are lots of subtleties to getting wastes right, so I'd recommend getting a good professional in to sort it (The professionals on here have given lots of good advice). Just for interest (if you are interested) try the following video. Note it is USA plumbing standards not UK, but it gives you an idea of some of the issues you can have. Many amateurs think wrongly for wastes that it's just a matter of connecting stuff together. You obviously understand the need for vents of some kind.

A UK plumbing standard version of such video would be interesting.

Cheers,

Roy

There are lots of subtleties to getting wastes right, so I'd recommend getting a good professional in to sort it (The professionals on here have given lots of good advice). Just for interest (if you are interested) try the following video. Note it is USA plumbing standards not UK, but it gives you an idea of some of the issues you can have. Many amateurs think wrongly for wastes that it's just a matter of connecting stuff together. You obviously understand the need for vents of some kind.

A UK plumbing standard version of such video would be interesting.

Cheers,

Roy

Mines goes to the outside and has an elbow emptying into a gully but not connected to the gully. It is open vented.

Mines goes to the outside and has an elbow emptying into a gully but not connected to the gully. It is open vented.
Sounds like you want to leave the sink alone then, so the AAV for the WC will have to go at the side of the loo. Perhaps there is some cunning piece of ornamental furniture you could disguise it with? (Get it all working first)

Reply to Advice on air admittance valve. Toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock