Discuss Additives after boiler replacement. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X800 is the boy. But wouldnt leave it in longer than a few days. Apparently will eat through your rads.

And some more, straight from the horse's (i.e. Sentinel's) mouth:-

"both will do a good job, the key difference is the time scale. X800 will have removed as much as it can in 24hrs, X400 being a ‘gentle’ cleaner can be left in for 3 weeks before draining. Both will benefit from temperature so run your system as normal."

So in fact I think I will use X800 for a couple of days then flush and refill with some X100. Although this is not time critical, I guess it would be better overall to have it all finished in a couple of days and then it's all done and any mess can be cleared up and tools put away etc.

Always used Fernox F3 I bung it in and leave it some time, have left it in for weeks. Usually buy it cheap on *bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Additives after boiler replacement. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock