Discuss Adding extra radiators to central heating systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joely

Hi Plumbing world!

Ok I have had a client request for small radiator to be added to her centralheating system.

Now this will bethe first time I have added a new radiator to a system. I have obviously changed radiators, switched from single panels to double convectors and fitted a few heated towel rads etc (like for like) with a little pipe modification. I have been informed that the flat has floor boards.

The question is what are the golden rules?

Where is the best place to tap in to the flow and return ?
What happens if you get the flow and return the wrong wayround ?
How to balance the new radiator ?
Anything that you have learnt in the past that makes lifeeasier ?

Again thanks for all the support this forum rocks !

Last edited by a moderator:
where is the new one going to be fitted and where is the pipe run closest to it?
how many rads already are fed from current pipes, what size (rads/pipes)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding extra radiators to central heating systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock