Discuss adding a couple of rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fullo

hi everyone, i'm a newbie. i was wondering if i could get some advice. i want to put two rads in my ice box/conservatory. is it possible to use plastic pipe and speedfit fittings. i've never attempted anything like this before but i'm willing to have a go.....cheers:cool:

if you must use plastic avoid speed fit fittings use poly pipe grey plastic, compression fittings and aluminium inserts then it wont come apart plus comp fittings cheaper to buy

correct me if I'm wrong but i've been told before that your not allowed to put radiators in conservatorys because they don't have a very good U value.

my college lecturer I'm at college the now doing a HNC in construction and we're currently doing heat loss in buildings and learning the U value of different materials. He was saying that its seen as a waste of time as the heat is lost straight away.

Last edited:
well tbh i disagree i have a customer who has wet ufh in his conservatory along with correctly sized rads,the ufh in his opinion is rubbish takes a long time to warm up so he uses the rads which are a lot quicker and maintain a constant temp in his conservatory

I guess it depends on what materials it is made for, I'm sure he said that its no longer acceptable to install them in conservatorys as it is seen as a waste of energy to heat it as the heat loss is greater than the heat generated, as the world is going energy efficient mad.

depends on the glass used in construction even that now adays has to be able to not lose heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to adding a couple of rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi All, would appreciate some advice on next steps with conservatory rad. Single conservatory rad not heating up at all, neither pipe getting...
Replies
Views
Could do with some advice, might be fitting some radiators for a family friend. I've done loads of freebies for friends and family and still...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat...
Replies
Views
My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock