Search the forum,

Discuss Acs exam ............ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Hello lads,

As you know I was not gas safe registered and had done the course since last year. However, I was a bit absent due to the fact that I had to study and do my Theorie and practical exams. Today’s, I passed the acs and waiting now for the certificate to apply for my gas safe registered card.

I am very happy and pleased to be one of you guys and finally able to tough gas on my own without having to subcontract other engineers to do the works. I know, I still need to wait until I am registered with gas safe to undertake gas works but hey ho ... I am now qualified and can soon get the badge of the gas safe on here.

Please forgive me already for asking gas related questions which may be very easy for you but for me it’s still a learning progress. I hope I will still be able to get the right help and advises as in the past.

Regards,

Ron

Hello lads,

As you know I was not gas safe registered and had done the course since last year. However, I was a bit absent due to the fact that I had to study and do my Theorie and practical exams. Today’s, I passed the acs and waiting now for the certificate to apply for my gas safe registered card.

I am very happy and pleased to be one of you guys and finally able to tough gas on my own without having to subcontract other engineers to do the works. I know, I still need to wait until I am registered with gas safe to undertake gas works but hey ho . I am now qualified and can soon get the badge of the gas safe on here.

Please forgive me already for asking gas related questions which may be very easy for you but for me it’s still a learning progress. I hope I will still be able to get the right help and advises as in the past.

Regards,

Ron
Well done mate. It will be nice to see the GSR badge next to your name.

Well done Ronny glad you got there mate now you can do your own boilers ,all i would say is dont take on tricky installs you will be under probation and have several inspections before you get signed off stick to simple installs if possible good luck . kop

Last edited:
Well done Ronny glad you got there mate now you can do your own boilers ,all i would say is dont take on tricky installs you will under probation and have several inspections before you get signed off stick to simple installs if possible good luck . kop
I will definitely stick to the ones I feel comfortable with. I am not here to chase the big money .. I am here to enjoy my trade and do the best I can.

Thanks for the good advise it’s much appreciated.

Congratulations Ron! :)
That's a big step forward in your career accomplished.

Congratulations Ron! :)
That's a big step forward in your career accomplished.
Yeah, that’s quite right. I am very pleased and looking forward for the card to arrive within the next 3 weeks. I feel very happy at the moment as it was very important for me this year.

Thanks to you too for the congrats it’s much appreciate it.

Well done
Have you got a flue gas analyser and other gas tools yet?
Thanks Scotti,

I am right now about to buy me an analyser but cant decide what model. I am thinking to get next week Testo 320 Advanced set ... but also too thinking of 330-2LL ...

Will be definitely one of those above.
I am going on Monday to get land lord gas safety book, warning labels, gas disks, continuity bonding, test Nippels etc...

Have got already LDF, manometer, gas tape and other bits and bops.

I need to find out now where to get boiler parts around my area.
I also will book some training courses with Vaillant and Worcester.

I mean did you do the cookers, fires and boilers or just boilers ACS exam?

Would get an iPad and go paperless

Also get some cap ends eg 15mm and 22mm etc

Ecv tape etc

Would get an iPad and go paperless

Also get some cap ends eg 15mm and 22mm etc

Ecv tape etc
Hi Shaun,

What type of cap ends are you talking about ?
What ecv tape ? Where can I get that?

Paperless, is always good but how does this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Acs exam ............ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock