Search the forum,

Discuss Access2trade just gone under gates clossed !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sy74

Just started my 3rd week of training this monday just this minute received a phone call that access2trade careers has ceased trading gates clossed as from 5 pm today !!!! quite a shock fingers crossed that everyone will get there money owed to them plus my kit is now stuck in there premisis !!

Don't delay getting your stuff back. You need to contact one of the staff first. If not, contact the Landlord or failing that Citizens Advice to see about getting a warrant.

Unfortunately if you are referring to the fees you have paid for the course, you are unlikely to get much if anything back if the company has become insolvent as the company will not have any money. You will need to contact the liquidators, but the entire process can take a few months.

Your stuff is your property and as such you have the legal right to retrieve it. Any attempt by others to take it constitues theft. If you are unable to gain access, you need to obtain a warrant.

However your payment is for services the company is under contract to provide (re SOGASA). If however the company is in liquidation, it does not exist to provide those services.

The liquidators will assess all creditors (including yourself provided you notify them) and divide any funds gained from remaining assets out amongst them. How much you will get back depends on how far in debt the company is. If it is just lack of cash flow that has sunk the company you may be OK, but if the company is heavily in debt with a lot of creditors or if the premises, fixtures and fittings are all on lease, there may be little left to go round. Being a limited company, the liability is limited to the remaining assets.

If part of your payment was to register with an awarding body (such as BPEC) you do not have to pay it again, just notify them you are transferring to another training centre.

With training centres having lower take-ups and with the current recession, there is an obvious advantage in paying for courses by installments on a standing order rather than upfront.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that :eek: hope you get all your stuff & money back. Good luck with possibly getting on another course.

I work for another training provider and we are being inundated by students from Access2 who need to complete their training. Luckily many of them were paying in instalments so have not lost too much money, but there are plenty who paid up front and are unlikely to get anything back...

i was due to go on my first practical in 3 weeks.....now its a case of getting money back! could i ask what you are doing to try get your money back? im on the group advent scammed us on facebook trying to get info from them as they are in the same boat!

If you have paid money for a valid course and the company has since gone bust, to try and get your money back, you must contact the receivers. You will not be able to do this until the company has been delcared insolvent, the case has gone through the County Court, and administrators have been appointed. Contact the Insolvency Service (on the internet) to keep up to date on developments.

If you have been defrauded (i.e. paid money for something which did not exist at the time you paid money), you need to contact Citizens Advice.

How strange. Did you know year one plumbers earn ÂŁ80,000,000,0000,000000???

You dont get this at the local college, with a proper apprenticeship. If it could be done in a few weeks, we all would have done it. But it CANNOT.

Doesnt help, I know.

Apprenticehips dont exist anymore,unless of course youre 15 years old and can make a good brew of tea.

Friend of mine's kid has spent a year trying to find an apprenticeship to an electrician for his college course and the only placement he can find is in the middle of nowhere in the North York Moors National Park, about 30 miles away from home.

However he's quite lucky in that the guy's retiring soon and he will end up being the successor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Access2trade just gone under gates clossed !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock