Discuss A big thank you! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Resolute

Just wanted to say thanks for all the useful info and help I've had on here over the last year!

Two tips I got from here have been used today (baby wipes to clean up excess silicone and using a bit of pipe with a stop end and a load of ptfe to bung a tank) - both saved me a lot of time and hassle!

I lose count of the valuable info and who posted them but it's all appreciated!

And now I'm not gonna do anymore work for the rest of the year!

glad the info has been useful the baby wipes save a fortune

baby wipes! i spend an absolute bomb on wonder wipes, fantastic lol.

The amount of babies with chapped bums and ammonia burns down their inner thighs has increased exponentially due to the now shortage of baby wipes,but ,hey,what the hell !!,we plumbers are tickady boo !!!

:santa_cheesy:

No doubt in the new year ,when word gets out that plumbers have cornered the market in baby wipes,I will be fighting my way through shouting mothers and dirty nappies to the trade counter !!!

Thanks Gasman!! :freak:

Last edited by a moderator:
How much are baby wipes?

I may get a box tomorrow and try them.

The WD40 tip for removing silicon works really well too. I've used baby wipes for years, read the packet as they must contain citric acid, dip them in some soapy fairy liquid water when wiping to a smooth finish, job done and nothing on your hands!

It is the tips like using baby wipes that make this forum so good. I am definitely going to use them as silicone can be a pain. One of the tips by someone, that sticks in my mind, was using a spray trigger & pastic tube of a household spray to remove water from a pipe for soldering, - so simple an idea, & I never had thought of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A big thank you! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Excuse me if I get some facts wrong, I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything other than replacing radiators. We're about to get...
Replies
Views
Unique, Protection, Tested Shifts PU Foam before it sets from hands, tools and surfaces. No more nasty sticky expanding foam nightmares. Removes...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got some upcoming plumbing work and everything is being drained down for it, so I'm taking the opportunity to replace the boards under...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock