Discuss 650mm wide radiator??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katez

Hi recently redecorated my bathroom. Took out an old rad, re tiled floor, have come to put new rad in to find the measurement from the old valves is 650mm wide. However im wanting to put a towel heater style rad in. This runs on straight valves and the current valves are angled. The biggest towel heater rad i have seen is 600mm is there anything that can be done to fit a rad or will it mean pulling up the new tiles to fit the rad? cant seem to find a 650mm rad anywhere unless i want to spend over £500 which im not prepared to do.

I am confused this is a link for a straight valve, i currently have angled valves, how can putting a straight valve change the distance of the pipes from 650mm to 600mm to fit a towel heater??????

jesus that is really awful plumbing lol

if you want it to look neat then you may have to rip up the tiles imho unless you can get a big enough rad

Hi recently redecorated my bathroom. Took out an old rad, re tiled floor, have come to put new rad in to find the measurement from the old valves is 650mm wide. However im wanting to put a towel heater style rad in. This runs on straight valves and the current valves are angled. The biggest towel heater rad i have seen is 600mm is there anything that can be done to fit a rad or will it mean pulling up the new tiles to fit the rad? cant seem to find a 650mm rad anywhere unless i want to spend over £500 which im not prepared to do.

Just shown the importance of planing ahead on jobs ,a hour planning things before you start can save so much strife !!!!!

I would advise lifting out one tile and moving pipe and doing correctly,if you have just done bathroom,presume you have spare tile as if you do not,the pipework will probably bug you for years,you maybe looking for a quick fix,there is not a good one really and if you bite your lip,get stuck in the above will only take a few hours anyway and in future plan what,s what at the start of a job,mind you now this has happened,you probably always will from now on.

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 650mm wide radiator??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock