Discuss 6129 certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

russlufc

Afternoon lads im starting my certificate in a couple of weeks i was wondering when is the best time to contact a plumber for me to start doing a couple of days work for my portfolio any time now or in a few months cheers

If you are over 19 mate you will probably not get a job at all, minimum standard is nvq lev 2 total minimum. If you are however still a teenager join a plumbing and gas company and get them to pay for your training.

I have just started this course and I have to build up a portfolio from the workshop and take 12 exams and need to undertake some work on site to gain the NVQ certificate.

I am 25 don't understand why people are saying you wont be able to get or help from qualified plumbers, I know a family friend who would provide me with the help, I will expect to work for free and the experience will be my reward.

its more of a task manual on the 6129 than a port folio, goo dluck i hope you enjoy it. just dont build up your hopes too much

its more of a task manual on the 6129 than a port folio, goo dluck i hope you enjoy it. just dont build up your hopes too much

I am not, at the end of the day if I come out of it with any type of job in plumbing it will be a result and if I dont I can always go back to working in a dead end job. I didn't want to regret the chance of being able to go back to college at my age rather than look back when I am older and regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6129 certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back