Search the forum,

Discuss 365-Drills due in court. Theft of Diamond core drills due to be heard Birmingham in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

365drills

Its court time for ********* as we appear in front of Birmingham Magistrates Court to testify in
a trial for theft of 365-drills diamond core stock and other.

Victoria Law Courts
Corporation Street
Birmingham
West Midlands
England
B4 6QA

birmingham_mc.jpg

The basic case is that a person came onto our website and ordered
some dimaond core drill bits, some tools including
2 x Tile Trackers @ £99 each then another 3 x Tile Trackers (Total order value £500)
http://*********.com/tiletracker/16.jpg
Example:

THEN: A month later the Credit Card company performed a "CHARGE BACK" (They took £500 out of our bank account!)

The reason they said is that the card owner had denied payment. They would no longer get involved.

All they suggested we do is report it as a crime.

So, having contacted our local Police and a crime number generated they reported it to Birmingham Police

who - To my suprise - Acted on the information.

I am not sure how much I can report (or say) pre-trial [Probably nothing!]

And with a lot of high profile Twitter law suits etc I think I will keep the infomation brief.

But lets just say the Police got a result and we have been asked to attend a trial on Thursday 29th November to give testomony.

542698_10151112670017014_1536787953_n.jpg

So its a trip up from London to Birmingham in the new van !

Its a bit of a pain and a £70 diesel burn BUT willing to do my bit. Wont get any compo but at least it sends a message.

Will take a few piccies of the day trip! (Not in court tho...) and advise on how the day went.

shocking ! hope they get what they deserve. they new what they where doing but no doubt they wont show.

Being quite practical I am bracing myself to turn up on the day for the 2pm kick off only to be told

a) There is some sort of day change / delay
b) There has been a plea change
c) I am no longer needed

With the van burning 37.2mpg

120miles each way from London to Birmingham (240 total)

£40.77 Fuel bill. And four hours of travel.

Peace and Love !! Peace and Love.....

don't forget to count to ten before you say anything if you do

I am taking my video camera!

(can you publish anything after the verdict these days)???

Or is that only newspapers that can print names etc of the guilty.

Obviously wont film or photograph INSIDE the court itself but did think about doing a sort of blog on the day out.

Maybe I still can.. But just wont name the offender(s) ??

Don't get too excited, it will be adjourned and then the same again and again and again.

you will get half way there and not be able to make it due to the floods.lol

Haha yes its going to be a bit wet... Not sure if I will need a van or a boat!

Boat-24.jpg

PLAN B

Yes I bet I get all the way up there and its "adjourned.."

[video=youtube;vXHSD-lADRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXHSD-lADRg[/video]

Latest update as of 25 Feb 2013

Well here is an update

1) Last year I did travel all the way to Birmingham (see video) on a 240 mile round trip
2) Defendant had pleaded "Not Guilty" to the charges.
3) On arrival for the 2pm court case there was some delay.
4) At 4pm the CPS said they could find no suitable court from the 26 courts at Birmingham free to sit.
5) At 4.30pm they adjourned the case to come back in the new year.
6) A new trial date of Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 was picked.
7) A few days before the trial the CPS called to say do not come to court. The defendant had changed his plea to guilty
-------
8) On the day of the trial the defendant pleaded guilty and this was the sentance.
9) Four weeks in Prison
10) Suspended for 12 months
11) Ordered to pay £300 court costs
12) Ordered to pay compensation to the full value of the goods (£492)

So its quite a victory that when persued that justice can be seen to be done. In a way I am pleased I didnt have to go back again.
And it was kind of PC Allen of Birmingham Police to add a request for compo. I didnt expect that.

Of course we have yet to see if its paid. However I am told the defendant is able (capable) of paying as he does have assetts.

He did say I may get it at the rate of £12 per week but to be honest I am not worried about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 365-Drills due in court. Theft of Diamond core drills due to be heard Birmingham in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock