Discuss 3.5" Cast iron soil to Modern loo pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackrc18

Hi,
I have come across a house that has 3.5" Cast iron soil external to the house and the owner wants to add another loo on the ground floor.
I havent committed myself as yet but althought I know I can get LCC cast iron branches etc (EXPENSIVE!) I am puzzled on how to go back into modern size to pick up the pan.
I have worked out how to break into the stack, add a branch, but its the sizing from 3.5" CI pipe to the pan has me guessing as I cant see a multikwik will do it? Some sort of adapter?:confused:

Hi,
I have come across a house that has 3.5" Cast iron soil external to the house and the owner wants to add another loo on the ground floor.
I havent committed myself as yet but althought I know I can get LCC cast iron branches etc (EXPENSIVE!) I am puzzled on how to go back into modern size to pick up the pan.
I have worked out how to break into the stack, add a branch, but its the sizing from 3.5" CI pipe to the pan has me guessing as I cant see a multikwik will do it? Some sort of adapter?:confused:

Try the MKS3 that might be the one, pipe size 88mm which sounds about right

multiquick do make a pan con for this but you have to order it

Hi,

You could try a Multikwik MKS7 (straight pan connector) or use a MKEB, extension piece with a MKS2. Try one of these.....???

If you have to make a new connection at the stack, connect your 110mm pipe to the 31/2" branch by cutting off the faucet (socket) with either an angle grinder or cast cutters and connect with a Timesaver coupling.
Glasgow has loads of these 31/2" stacks and they're a pain in the bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3.5" Cast iron soil to Modern loo pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock