Search the forum,

Discuss 2 fires vents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

In a terrace where the wall has been removed between living rooms and folding 4 piece doors fitted and there is a 6.7kw fire in each is it classed as one room or 2. For ventilation.

Sorry not explainef clear fire in each room but wall inbetween has been removed and a quad folding door arrangement fitted. In theory if the doors are opened its like one room what ventilation do I need. Both fires are 6.8kw and would not need ventilation if fitted on separate rooms.

That's one they grey areas I believe.
Doors closed it is two fires in two separated rooms which requires no additional vent.
Doors open you have two fires in one room technically so will require some ventilation.:confused:
Think Gas Safe will need clarify this!

Doors closed it is two fires in two separated rooms which requires no additional vent.
Doors open you have two fires in one room technically so will require some ventilation.:confused:

My thoughts exactly.there is an old tericota brick vent in one room may replace that with 3 x 9 vent I am coveted then.

definitely a grey area

Curious....so had we look at standard.
BS5871: Gas or Inset fires upto 14kw total using similar chimney systems will not normally require additional ventilation when dividing wall removed. Subject to testing obviously!

Curious....so had we look at standard.
BS5871: Gas or Inset fires upto 14kw total using similar chimney systems will not normally require additional ventilation when dividing wall removed. Subject to testing obviously!

Where did you get the standards from. Are they available online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 fires vents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Just had a call from my 94 year old aunt (lives on south coast) Today had a annual gas service. Many years ago very large room dividend in two plastered stud wall pair of doors in middle doors never opened (but could be) Gas fire in each room, engineer has disconnected one fire saying you...
Replies
Views
Please can someone tell me the best way of removing a siliconed folding support rail that has been siliconed to a tiled bathroom wall at my mums. I can't get a hacksaw blade in between the wall and the plate and I can't get any thin windscreen cutter wire in as there is no gap. I don't really...
Replies
Views
Hi all great site, I've just moved house and am taking my wood stove boiler with me as it's only a couple of years old, it has 4 outlets on back, 2 for hot and 2 for cold, my new house has an open fire and has been used to heat both hot water and rads, but only has 2 outlets, can I T the 2 top...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock