Discuss 10x3 brass screws in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrdog

hi does anyone know where i can get a box of 10x3 brass screws from (needed to fix toilet pans down) my local city plumbing/plumb center screwfix dont stock them anymore .

Thanks for your quick reply , i thought i would have a look on ebay and there is someone selling a box of 280 10x3 brass screws for £17.99 with free postage (seems very cheap). i dont normally buy from ebay but these look ok they come in 35 packs of 8 thanks again happy days

These are good as well NAIL.JPG

the tip when buying screws is the rare size cost 5x more.
i.e 3&1/4'' may be £5.60 whereas 3'' £20 or number 12's even cheaper!
dont forget the longer the brass the weaker they are, i use black passivated screws(like drywall).

once ordered 5,000 1/2''x14's once when running the stores, i was told top all screws to 5,000 by the storeman who was on holiday.
they were £93 per box of 400 that was late 80's.lol

hi does anyone know where i can get a box of 10x3 brass screws from (needed to fix toilet pans down) my local city plumbing/plumb center screwfix dont stock them anymore .

you tried screwfix ?????

other fixing kits are available :)

Stainless is more popular than Brass nowadays.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/ultra-screw-woodscrews-double-countersunk-5-x-70mm-100-pack/80260

Stainless is more popular than Brass nowadays.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/ultra-screw-woodscrews-double-countersunk-5-x-70mm-100-pack/80260

I agree but use ss bits else you will have rust marks

Ive found the stainless steel screws to be a bit weak sometime though, although I usually just use what comes with the pan

Last edited:
Ive found the stainless steel screws to be a bit weak sometime though, although I usually just use what comes with the pan

Normally no screws come with the pans well the ones I use (twyfords or arm don't have any) what do you use ?

I like the square drive brass screws. The screwdriver won't slip off the head on them because it will be capable of angling a little, which is ideal for screwing in the screws on a cistern to wall.
Slotted brass screws not as good.
The stainless steel screws can vary in corrosion proof.
What are we doing talking about screws on a Saturday night? I must get back to my other half! :grin:

I like the square drive brass screws. The screwdriver won't slip off the head on them because it will be capable of angling a little, which is ideal for screwing in the screws on a cistern to wall.
Slotted brass screws not as good.
The stainless steel screws can vary in corrosion proof.
What are we doing talking about screws on a Saturday night? I must get back to my other half! :grin:

Square Lok ain't that common on the mainland.

Square Lok ain't that common on the mainland.

Sorry, I didn't know that! That is very weird! Steel square drive screws are best screws for sparks, especially holding one on the end of a screwdriver to fix a ceiling switch or rose above your head.
Square drive brass screws are also I find better for screwing standard toilet pans down because the screwdriver can angle

Sorry, I didn't know that! That is very weird! Steel square drive screws are best screws for sparks, especially holding one on the end of a screwdriver to fix a ceiling switch or rose above your head.
Square drive brass screws are also I find better for screwing standard toilet pans down because the screwdriver can angle

I know! I never knew they existed until I moved over here. The first one I came across left me thinking "what the hell is that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 10x3 brass screws in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got a Glowworm Flexicom 24hx boiler and I'm trying to unplug the installer cartridge in order to wire up the ebus connection inside. From...
Replies
Views
Hi have surplus water feed and return pipes in my home. I can't isolate them so will need to freeze. House built 1970's. They're as far as can...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and...
Replies
Views
hi. anyone used one of these before.. need to connect a hose from a condense pump to a w/c pan connector..these are for connection to soil pipe so...
Replies
Views
Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock