Discuss 1/2 inch to 15mm Shower Mixer Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plastered

I need a bit of advice and encouragement. I am setting up a shower mixer which had hot and cold in, and supplies two showers. Each of the four connections is 1/2 inch female thread, so I have four 1/2 inch to 15mm connectors screwed in. 3 of the 4 are fine, but I cannot get the 4th to seal under pressure. There is always a small bead of water appearing at the face of the 1/2 inch connection after a few minutes (the 15mm end is ok).
I have tried using a few turns of ptfe tape, and 5 or 6 turns. Using 5 or 6 turns makes it slightly worse.
I have changed the 1/2 - 15mm which makes no difference.
Any advice on how to seal it completely.
Is there any drawback in using an O-ring on the face in addition to the ptfe tape.

5-6 turns of ptfe isn't enough imho go up to between 10 and 15 and see how that seals

After a call to the manufacturers technical helpline, it turns out that there have been a few cases of manufacturing problems with this unit which manifests itself as a hair line crack.
I am now waiting for a replacement to see if this cures it. So it may not be my own plumbing incompetence after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1/2 inch to 15mm Shower Mixer Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock