Discuss Would it be easier to just replace the pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alowndes

Hello,

We're in the midst of a kitchen refurb and as to be expected, unexpected issues have occurred. We were not planning to need any major plumbing work, just a new sink fitted which we planned to do DIY.

However our builder has since drilled through the pipe running from the boiler upstairs to the hot water tap downstairs. He performed a fix but did not solder so we think this may need looking st again. Since this incident 2 leaks have appeared on the existing pipe work in the kitchen, which is localised to one corner. Would it be better to replace all the pipe work or just fix the leaks? Any advice appreciated and if anyone has an idea on costs that would be amazing.

image.jpg

Please ignore the washing machine hose in the sink drain :dead:

Builders and plumbing shouldnt be used in the same sentence.
Yes I would start again without a doubt , but with a plumber doing it.

Cheaper and neater in the long term to get a qualified plumber in to do a complete replacement of the pipe work including a new stopcock. Then you can get the plasterer to finish down to the floor. Do a proper job.

Defintly replace old pipework before putting a new kitchen in dont cover old leaking pipes up

Just think what's going to happen if you don't replace, fit the kitchen and then another leak appears.

Welcome to the forum's alowndes....as stated above best to renew at this stage...where are you based you could post in the I'm looking for a plumber section and see if one of the Guy's/girl's on here will come and give you an estimate/quote for the work. Regards Turnpin:welcome:

If you are having issues now, then for your own peace of mind I would get it replaced while it is easily accessible. Right now, it is relatively straight forward. Once a new kitchen is in, should the worst happen, it will become much more costly to rectify any problems.

Thanks for all of your replies, I thought that would be the case...you've given me the ammo to convince my husband who thought a quick fix was all it needed :willy_nilly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would it be easier to just replace the pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock