Discuss worried sick over betacom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

fitted the above boiler on sat in a bedroom and when on i could smell water vapour smell - same smell as plume out of flue . gas rated the boiler and analysed it and assumed it was just newness of the boiler and inhibitor spilt on pipe under boiler. got a call just asking to come and look tomorrow as they can smell fumes . on sat I smelt the smell and as I said put down to newness did room co test to be safe and got nothing also co alarm is fitted and that's not gone off . it gas rated ok and gas sound . analyser readings were a bit low but seemed ok from memory co ratio was 0.0009 /ppm 43 / and co2 5% which I thought was low but manual said factory set don't adjust. going to take flue apart to check the seals are not pushed out. I feel so stressed and wont sleep to night now with worry.

This is in the public forum mate, maybe best to move it to the closed forum.

Check all of the condense. And check you have water in the trap

Where does the condensate go into? Was the trap full of water?

condense run to external drain - along wall internaly 3m then down wall into ext drain . will check trap didn't check that sat

If flue was a mess readings would be making your analyzer ring it's balls off at over 300ppm!!

It's the conny not being filled as others said? It's horrible when u think something is wrong can't rest until it's been checked, well most if u I imagine I sleep like a baby !

Sign of a good engineer to be concerned like this. Need to chill a bit though cos the stress will kill you.

thanks having a beer to chill and help me sleep. checking condense then air test point for 20.6 - 20.9 / and all internal flue and condense connextions before removing cemented in flue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worried sick over betacom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
hi, I am after some advice, I recently fitted a new gas valve to a vaillant ecotec earlier. the boiler was fitted in 2015 and has been serviced...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am a retired gas engineer. Corgi and Domestic Electrics + Building Surveyor. I have a Greenstar CDI 35kw that I fitted in my own home 15 years...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm looking into changing my conventional boiler (Worcester 30CDi conventional) to a Worcester Greenstar 8000 Style 30kW Combi. My house...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock