Discuss Worried can somebody advise ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is for a landlord then i would assume they have a working carbon monoxide alarm?

If this was a case then alarm would go off, i have been to a rental property in the past when a similar incident occurred. No flue in boiler windows frosted over quick sharp , tenants complained of headaches all the time. You would notice this mate don't really miss a flue hanging out the wall !!!!

someone has it in for you maybe trying to grab this agent off you???

If I'm honest he can have em I was only really keeping them on out of loyalty as they helped me out when I went solo. I'm just really not sure what the landlord is trying to achieve though

Could be anything really wouldn't trust anyone ,

I was recommended by a friend to look at a boiler on new build for his mate , house was about 3 years old and on servicing it i noticed that the flue was not joined correctly ( ideal boiler) AR'd it went to turn it off and she never allowed. Got her to sign paperwork that she wanted it left on ,few weeks later got a call saying i had endangered her family by leaving her boiler on and wanted compo!!!

Nah love you have signed paperwork saying you want it left on .Found out back through my mate that the boiler had been duff since they moved in and been trying to sue everyone to get new one .

So god knows what the motive is

That's my problem. Too trusting. So when something like this crops up it makes you angry and worried in equal measure

Hi Riley,

I'll give you some advice, from personal experience ( numerous personal experiences )

It is up to the landlord and plumber to prove allegations against you.
It is not up to you to defend yourself against allegations being made towards you without proof.

Get them to prove the flue was not connected at the time you did your work.
Get them to prove that you were incompetent.
Get the Plumber to prove that all the defects that he found, were caused by you or were not found by you, due to your negligence.

Don't have any further contact with the other team.

Generally, in these situations, the people making the allegations cannot prove what they are claiming.
They are waiting for you to falter or 'cave in' to prove their case.

Keep your chin up!!!!!

Cheers Oz it does sound a lot simpler when you put it like that

It's as simple as it gets Riley.

'Innocent until proven Guilty'

It is not for you to prove you are innocent - its for them to prove you are guilty.

Just don't do anything that will assist them in proving your guilt.
So just keep your trap shut, your head high and move on.

The more you get involved with the situation, the more you will be assisting them in their proof of your guilt.

Don't second guess yourself, don't assist them.

Just state that 'you stand by your report and when you did the job everything was fine.'
Leave it at that and get them to prove otherwise.

As I said, I have called the engineer just to chat it through he seemed a reasonable bloke that is all I'm going to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worried can somebody advise ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a little advice and validation of current advice (from dad). So boiler has been loosing pressure with an error code of E119. The pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I am not a trader, but I am currently renting small industrial unit with an old oil heater. Couple of weeks ago my landlord accessed...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock