Discuss Worried can somebody advise ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate.

Hate stuff like this. You know you've done things properly because you do it dozens of times a week. But then you doubt yourself. Ferroli should be banned!!!

Last edited:
No1 you want the other gas engineers number.

Don't stress about it too much just say you want a report, photocopies of warning notices and photos.

Feel for you been there posted on here the other year. I turned off a glowworm compact at my mates house which he rents due to smell of fumes. Landlord said he had gas engineer to fix. Called in to pick nate up one day and paint on boiler casing was all burnt off. So I acted and isolated boiler. His landlord said he was getting police. I was scared stiff. I called gas safe and they said I had acted as an off duty policeman would and there is nothing wrong what u did and to ask landlord for other engineers name and to tell landlord I had contacted them and they will come and check boiker. Never heard another thing don't even think guy who went to it was gas safe registered. A gas cert is like a car mot only says what boiler was like on the day. I have also seen tenners do things to boilers to try and get a new one. On funny customers I initial in marker pen inside boiler as proof been there

The pens a good shout mate I might start doing that

It's sad isn't it we shouldn't have to go to these lengths to cover our a55

Council jobs we used to put a sticker inside the case and sign/date it, really only proves you've signed the case not carried out any work.

Just to update you with this. I have now seen the other engineers report and given him a call. Basically he said that the flue was literally hanging out of the wall being held in place by the outer course of bricks and hanging at 45°. When I was there the flue was fully in the wall and connected as my analyser results would indicate. Something does not add up here but there's no way I'm being made the scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worried can somebody advise ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a little advice and validation of current advice (from dad). So boiler has been loosing pressure with an error code of E119. The pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I am not a trader, but I am currently renting small industrial unit with an old oil heater. Couple of weeks ago my landlord accessed...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock