Discuss Worried can somebody advise ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Got a phone call from one of the letting agents I work for today saying that one of their landlords has complained about the gas safety i carried out. Landlord reckons he got his own engineer out to fix a problem and this other engineer has basically condemned the boiler saying it is unsafe. Now I'm not concerned about my due diligence and I have paperwork from the day that I was there however I have no idea where this could go or how I prove myself

I know some people are drama queens but this landlord is saying that the flue was basically disconnected and that I obviously haven't looked inside the boiler. I know for fact that I did because I had to dismantle half the kitchen cupboard in order to take the cover off and additionally if the flue was disconnected then my analyser reading should've been crazy.

Can anybody offer me some words of advice as I have never been in this situation before and I'm very worried

thanks

Matt

Go no comment until you're sent a full précis of the allegation.

Then respond if you feel it necessary with your evidence.

If, as in sure you have, done what you should then I reckon the LL is trying it in & wanting compo for what he's paid to his engineer.

Which begs the question - why didn't he do the check in the first place?

Fishy

As rocket said Ask for the other engineers details and a full written report of the alleged defects that were found. Then and only then make a comment, for all you know the landlord/tenant could have been messing with the boiler/flue

As above dodgy get the evidence ,
from my experience a lot of engineers are clueless so he has probably broken something and now blaming you .

dont loose no sleep over it mate

Also, & I don't do gas.

But when you inspect a gas appliance for safety reasons are you confirming its safe at the inspection? What happens if 2 days later there's an issue? Surely it safe or not when you inspect it.

Thanks guys appreciated.

It's such a pain. I'm nigh on positive someone has been playing.

From memory I believe it's a ferroli And I have no idea what he went to fix it could be anything with one of those

So this wasn't a fault you picked up on the check which he subsequently sent his own guy round to investigate?

Has he already paid you or received the bill? Perhaps this is his way in getting out of paying the price he was charged, maybe his guy (probably the one who fitted a ferroli!) can do it cheaper?

I wouldn't worry about it, if you know you did the job O.K then tell him to jog on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worried can somebody advise ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a little advice and validation of current advice (from dad). So boiler has been loosing pressure with an error code of E119. The pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I am not a trader, but I am currently renting small industrial unit with an old oil heater. Couple of weeks ago my landlord accessed...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock