Discuss Worcester flue installations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi folks. I'm just wondering when you guys fit a Worcester with a horizontal flue. Do you guys take the flue out of the elbow or just lower the flue fitting on the boiler if it's tight to get the elbow onto the grey socket? Random question I know.

Lower the flue fitting internally

I'm not the only one then. My colleague today said I shouldn't do that and to take the flue out of the elbow!

Nope he’s wrong it’s designed like that and it’s a selling point to engineers direct from Worcester :D

Yeah it is very Handy to do that. We have just moved from Worcester to Pottertons...

Nightmare trying to install horizontal flue in a top floor flat now

You mean remove something inside the boiler?

Lower the internal flue down so you can skip the hoz flue easily in and you don’t have to try and force it up and over the flue outlet on the boiler

Reply to Worcester flue installations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I believe this boiler can be changed to a system or combi. Does this mean the hot and cold tails have to be blanked off?? Also the horizontal...
Replies
Views
Oily smell from boiler recently before failed. Great plumber sorted though when opened external baffle at front of sealed flue the internal spring...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
Back