Discuss Worcester 18/25 Heat slave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reasons I don't do a lot on the oil side, is that I don't carry the spares. You need to carry about £250 worth of nozzles to turn up and have a a half decent chance of having the right one on board. New hoses too.

So if and when I service an oil boiler, I'll tend to pop in check what the nozzle is (normally by looking at the old one the previous engineer left) and then pop to the merchants and pick one up.

I prefer gas servicing if I'm totally honest. I charge a bit less, but it's easier.

If you don't check the baffles, change the hose, and nozzle, I think it's hardly worth it.

I'm hitting the sack. Knackered. Thanks everyone.

Don't know what to do now, regards registering it! Think I may pop back tomorrow. Billy, give me a bell, and we can meet there if you want. It's about ten minutes from your place.

Just text one of my lads as we fitted one last week in a pub. Said the CO2 was about 10.5 pre set but the pump pressure was way out, he adjusted that and it was fine. I think it may be printed wrong in the book for some of them though because he said there was an additional sheet of paper in the instructions with them all on.

Had abit more of a think about this!
18/25 upto 2012 had bentone burners.
after that they had riellos and a disk inside for setting but this should be in the same positions for all outputs on the 18/25

for a .65 es it should be 120 psi and 12% co2

i think they gave you the old versions info over the phone!

I've think you're right. It's annoying cos I won't get paid to go all the way back (an hour round trip) and it's worcester who have given me the wrong info. After I gave them all the correct info. Even gave them serial no of boiler, burner and nozzle.

So I think they should go back to put it right now. Effectively I have just been brought in to commission it and haven't been able to achieve the figures the manufacturer gave me.

Don't know your thoughts?

Dont the wb have the specs on the label inside? I thought they did...

Personally I wouldnt commission it, Id see the fire valve etc and give him a list of what needs doing before even getting my meter out. Id charge him £45 for my time and tell him to call when its installed to standard. When thats done Id go back and set it up.

Did you stick your probe deeply into the black hole? On the WB you need to stick it in about 4 or 5 inches to get right into the flue way to get the right readings for some reason, just through the hole wont cut it and will give you what you are experiencing.

I hope you checked to make sure that it was signed off by building control you will neef the number for your form or the oftec installers number otherwise you cant commission it

I hope you checked to make sure that it was signed off by building control you will neef the number for your form or the oftec installers number otherwise you cant commission it

if your the oftec guy commissioning it, its buildings control that wants your paperwork!

Extract from planning portal.
In some cases householders may decide to engage a firm that is not a member of one of the approved Competent Person schemes. In this case the installer will not be able to self-certify that their work is compliant, and the firm or the householder will need to give notice to your Local Authority of the intention to carry out the boiler work in advance, and pay a notification fee.* Local Authority Building Control may choose to check the works have been carried out to the necessary standards and may employ a registered installer to do this.When works have been completed the installer should then produce for you a commissioning certificate such as a Benchmark certificate and notify the local* authority building control department either directly, or, if a member of a* Competent Person Scheme, via the scheme operator.* In due course the local authority should supply you with a Building Regulations Completion Certificate that indicates compliance.Guidance on installing boiler and other combustion appliances, and the building provisions that are necessary to safely accommodate them (air supplies, hearths, fireplaces, flues and chimneys) can be found in*Approved Document J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 18/25 Heat slave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a worchester heat slave 18/25 and continually needs bleeding of the Kero, runs all day when bled. when it cuts out on the stat it wont...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a...
Replies
Views
S
Heatslave 18/25 not firing. No heating or hot water but no lockout light and diverter switch is locked in place. Hot water was scalding hot...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock