Discuss why does the prd on trition shower keep blowing out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackflash87

Hi, Replaced a worn out trition 300ti shower for a trition belize shower 6 weeks ago and after 3 weeks i got a call saying the pressure relief device has operated.
I replaced the pressure relief device and it has lasted another 3 weeks untill i've had another call today informing me that it's happened again.

What is likely to cause this problem? what can i check?

a brand new shower head was installed with the shower.

Any help much appreciated.

either the shower head is blocked or the wrong type or you have lime scale issues

kink in the hose or pressure to shower to high. how come he types so fast , still my answers were different so now you have 4 choices to choose from

Last edited by a moderator:
when was the new shower head installed ? was it properly comissioned ? ie read the instructions in the book ?

sorry should say did the shower head come with the shower or if it a different shower head ?

Yes shower head came with the shower. Would a high water pressure cause it? is it common to install a pressure reducing valve to a shower supply. I'd of thought the same problem would have happened with the old shower though.

yea, blocking the spray head would cause this, it can be a particular problem with some highly sexed women, just use your imagination if you dont know what i'm on about :blush2:

check the cold mains pressure, did you fit the ring to stop the head being immersed in the bath water? ask the customer what they were doing when it happend?

PRV on a shower? Is this for power showers or normal electric showers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to why does the prd on trition shower keep blowing out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
A
My builder has fitted 14 Triton Showers to a block of flats which I let out, they are manager by a letting agent, I am now getting complaints...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Units involved: Gainsborough 10.5SE heater unit with Swirl (Screwfix 278PG) overhead shower kit with diverter. Hi guys. I have a Gainsborough...
Replies
Views
P
Recently had issue with our shower where no water was coming out. Changed shower head and hose which solved problem. Three weeks later exact same...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock