Search the forum,

Discuss Whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Have a customer who has moved into a house. It has a megaflo. Feeding three bathrooms. He is not happy with the flow rate. ( 3.5 bar static but drops to .7 when drawing @17 lpm) someone had fitted a twin impeller pump to one of the showers! All this achieves is to suck the water out of every other tap!

He seems willing to go for best option.there is plenty of space in the garage And even a concrete ledge to fit storage tanks.I would go for a storage tanks ( maybe 200gallon?) a variable speed booster pump and a pressure accumulator tank.

whats best? And where?

ta very much

I would have thought an accumulator would do the trick on it's own. Don't bother buying an accumulator though, just get a large potable expansion vessel to use as an accumulator. I would be explaining to the customer that resolving the problem is a two stage process. Stage 1 add an accumulator and if that is not sufficient add the pump after. Covers your back then and the customer will be happy that you are thinking of his wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whole house pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have a gravity fed system and are getting a new shower installed as part of a whole new bathroom fit out. It's been suggested we could connect our bathroom sink taps to the mains, rather than the water storage tank as it is at present. Is there any reason why a shower pump can't...
Replies
Views
Just moved into a place with a really weak shower. The boiler is two or three years old - Viessman Vitodens 100. I assumed it was a combi boiler (in these turbulent times we had to put an offer on the house after one short viewing) but it feeds a hot water tank upstairs, it's run on a Potterton...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I trying to understand some settings or the way circulation pumps work. I recently had my Vaillant ecoTEC plus 637 fitted in my loft with a megaflo tempest tank. To control it all I'm using a sesoComfort wifi device or the app. Now there are settings for planning CH and DHW. There is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock