Search the forum,

Discuss Understanding DHW Cirulation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I trying to understand some settings or the way circulation pumps work.
I recently had my Vaillant ecoTEC plus 637 fitted in my loft with a megaflo tempest tank. To control it all I'm using a sesoComfort wifi device or the app.

Now there are settings for planning CH and DHW. There is also a Circulation pump planner.
Okay,
1) Do circulation pumps have anything to do with DHW?
if so ..
2) Should my circulation pump allow for DHW to remain hot through the pipes (so when I switch on the water I'm not running a few litres before hot water comes out)
3) The circulation pump planner should that match the hot water planner?
3) Does the circulation improve the CH?
I know this might sound like very easy and quick questions but I'm trying to establish the best settings for my whole system especially as we approach the colder months.

Thank you all in advance

Some pics of the boiler/hot water cylinder pipework would help us answer.

Circulators can be heating or hot water return. In your case I doubt heating as your boiler pump will do the job.

I haven’t used your controls before but if we assume that the circulation pump planner is for a secondary return pump, yes it reduces lag at each outlet/reduces wasted cold water.

Does your hot water cylinder have a secondary return connected with a pump on it?

The planner doesn’t have to match the hot water schedule and I’d advise against it. If no one is typically in the house, you’re just pumping water/wasting electric for no gain.

Typically, I’d set the recirc pump for periods of demand (morning/evening showers/dinner time washing up).

If it is a hot water return circ pump, it has no impact on the heating.

Reply to Understanding DHW Cirulation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, Vokera gas combi boiler 35 degrees rising main 37 min to 60 max DHW temperature Top floor flat I turned my DHW dial on number 8 and took the hot water temperature from the kitchen sink and when tap was fully open it read at 51 degrees Celsius and when I reduced the tap flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I just found the red pump (attached photos) is very hot, is this all right? Or something wrong? The radiators are very hot, the red pump which is workman 25-60 hot/cold water circulation pump is very hot too. My system is unvented cylinder+heat only boiler. Is this normal that the...
Replies
Views
Grundfos advertises their Alpha 1 & 2 pumps (I'm not sure if they just call both versions Alpha now); that it will replace 30 other pump models. I've been using a UP15-29SU for many years. I'm using it to circulate water for our domestic hot water that uses a 3/4" copper pipe which goes down...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock