Search the forum,

Discuss Which FGA is best at not turning off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mickie

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've got an anton that stops working after a year, i know they need to be re calibrated which is fine, its away now, but for me if a car stopped working after a year people would probably be up in arms..

Are there any analysers that don't shut off at exactly 1 year like this anton..

Mine never used to , but around 2 years ago it mysteriously started stopping on its years calibration Birthday, obviously they put some software in it , tw@ts !!!

Testo cough cough actually did a test 2 month past the calibration date :D

My Anton only used to flash a warning message that it was due for calibration but it never stopped working, Then a couple of years ago it flashed up Due for calibration and then actually stopped on the day it was due. Think the nice folk at the lab have messed with the software. I always send it off when I go on holiday so it gets done while I am away and not needing it, but we never go away on the same day every year and there could be a couple of weeks difference in date. So frustrating!!!

My Anton only used to flash a warning message that it was due for calibration but it never stopped working, Then a couple of years ago it flashed up Due for calibration and then actually stopped on the day it was due. Think the nice folk at the lab have messed with the software. I always send it off when I go on holiday so it gets done while I am away and not needing it, but we never go away on the same day every year and there could be a couple of weeks difference in date. So frustrating!!!
Espeacially when they turn up brand new and you are already a month down on the calibration.

I've got a 330-2

I've got a 330-2

Ive the 330-1ll Shaun and yeh they are dearer than most fgas but what an amazing bit of kit. Few years I've had mine and can't see me coming away from my German tool ...
The 330-2 is that the industrial one ?

Ive the 330-1ll Shaun and yeh they are dearer than most fgas but what an amazing bit of kit. Few years I've had mine and can't see me coming away from my German tool .
The 330-2 is that the industrial one ?

Yes tbh the only difference is color screen and the ppm can go higher (like you need to go that high but handy for when you come across a turn off )

This must be one of the biggest con's going, calibration should be on the amount of Hrs. used not on date, vehicle's are on mileage, what if you only use your unit maybe 10 or so times a year, compared to someone who may use it 10 times a day

Reply to Which FGA is best at not turning off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the boiler has started to stay on all the time. My usual engineer took a look at it and advised me to contact the manufacturer. I then had an engineer from...
Replies
Views
Morning, I had a call yesterday from a colleague who said that after turning off the water the tap jammed and could not open back up. By all accounts the Stop tap closed fine and the spindle turned easily whilst turning the water off. Does anyone know what would have caused this? Thanks Andy
Replies
Views
I purchased 2x 1/2” tap gland for my basin because the hot one was faulty. I had to turn the stopcock of in the kitchen. I also had to turn off the mains on the pavement outside. I replaced the glands and the hot is working fine. But the cold tap does not turn off at all, with the new...
Replies
Views
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and it was hammering constantly after filling. I turned off this stopcock, drained all the pipes, turned the taps back off and then let the water back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock