Search the forum,

Discuss Which Address in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Im taking someone to court over 50 quid (more of an experiment) however the property where i had done the work was a rental one. The owner who i have the dispute with doesnt think i have her home address but unknown to her i do .

She has recently moved hence why she thinks i have only her old address.

I was thinking if i send court papers to her rental house will the tenant send them on to her and if she doesnt so what not my problem .

Or should i send them to actual home address where she thinks i dont know where it is.

I was thinking that but then thought if i send it to her tenants address and they dont forward it on to her then she snookered. Didnt turn up at court and loses anyway .

Bit of a sneaky trick was my plan but not sure how it all works tbh

Thats what i mean not sure how this bit actually plays as where i done the work was a house she owns but lets out, she moved but never told me and has said im never ever to try find her new address.
Not that i care what she says tbh

If it were me I would send it to the rental house and her house and her old house. Just to make sure.

If you know where she works as well I would send one to her work address just forget to put her name on it so a colleague accidentally opens it and hopefully embarrass her.

If these are being issued by a court I would have them addressed to her current address in her name.
These things can be very time consuming, costly and frustrating, especially if you are playing someone who knows the game well!

Sending the paperwork her home address she gave you when instructing you to do the work should be enough.

Imagine you don't know she's moved that's all you could do.

It's extemely unlikely she hasn't got redirection for mail or does not call in the old address to collect mail.

I doubt defence of not receiving would work if she's only recently moved.

Just send the forms to her current address.
You might get the question on how you found out where she lives.

Just say 'Google'

You may even save yourself a trip to Court.

*Experiment on someone who owes you slightly more before going the Court route

I think recorded delivery to her home address is legally proof of receiving.
Have seen it in some repossession type tv shows. Also speeding tickets etc you can’t claim you didn’t receive it.

Im taking someone to court over 50 quid (more of an experiment) however the property where i had done the work was a rental one. The owner who i have the dispute with doesnt think i have her home address but unknown to her i do .

She has recently moved hence why she thinks i have only her old address.

I was thinking if i send court papers to her rental house will the tenant send them on to her and if she doesnt so what not my problem .

Or should i send them to actual home address where she thinks i dont know where it is.

Personally I'd send it to both. Call her bluff...;)

Reply to Which Address in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock