Search the forum,

Discuss What trade magazines do your read - and is there admin on this site please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Filplastic-Amy

Hi,

We're a family run business in East Yorkshire. We sell van storage kits, tilt bins with a locking bar, and have found a lot of our customers to be plumbers.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the best, most popular trade magazine for us to advertise the kit in? We don't have a massive budget and want to get it right!

Many thanks, Amy

P.S I wanted to advertise on the front page of this site, but can't get hold of anyone. Do you know if there are any admin knocking about please?

Hi Amy,

Re admin, they will be along later after work.
Re advertising, think you need to contact Dan about that and welcome to the best plumbers forum bar none.

I was receiving too many of these, and a lot of them had the same stories in so no longer receive them, or chuck them in the bin in-opened. The only one I will open is
The insataller magazine which is sent out to everyone on the gas safe register!

Thanks gassafe, that's what I was worrying about. I do exactly the same thing, quick glance at the cover and it's in the bin, and they're so expensive to advertise in.

That's how I came across this forum (and the electricians forum too). I was wracking my brains trying to think where plumbers & electricians were actually likely to be, i.e somewhere interesting and useful to them.

I hope we can advertise on here, it looks like a fab forum.

Thanks for the pm link to your web site (yes it did work :smile:) Nice looking site there with the live chat and call-back option and see you are not a new company either.

Don`t post the link to the open forum yet or a mod will be along with an edit and a :nono:

Last edited:
Glad you found it ok rpm. Yes we've been around 22 years.

No, I don't want any free advertising, or to annoy anyone! I just didn't know where to start. I remember an Electrical Wholesale magazine landing on my desk a few times, but I don't think that's the right one to get through to plumbers themselves.

Thanks for everyone's help, you're a very friendly bunch on here! Some forums can be a bit cliquey, not this one. If I were a plumber I'd be straight on here for advice!

I managed to guess the web address... Us plumbers are smart like that ;)

Looks a good outfit, there's always plenty of members on here showing off there new racking so should fit right in!

I spotted these too which Croppie might like...

image.jpg

Ha ha ha! Don't be dissing the pink baskets!

I've got to go to leave my nice warm office and go to the warehouse again this afternoon to find more super duper clearance offers, just like the pink baskets. A cancelled order, can't think why they cancelled it...

Hi Amy, and welcome to the forum.

We have about 28 zillion of your wire baskets, so I know your company quite well.

I can recommend the sponsorship route on here, but only if you are prepared to stay active on the forum, answer members questions, and generally get involved. If you just take a banner advert and sit back, I'm not sure if the return would be very high.

Best of luck though. And assuming Croppie gives you Dan's email address, be prepared to chase him daily for about a fortnight at least. I think he only reads emails when there is a full moon or something. Nice bloke, but rubbish at replying to email.

:)

Hi Amy, and welcome to the forum.

We have about 28 zillion of your wire baskets, so I know your company quite well.

I can recommend the sponsorship route on here, but only if you are prepared to stay active on the forum, answer members questions, and generally get involved. If you just take a banner advert and sit back, I'm not sure if the return would be very high.

Best of luck though. And assuming Croppie gives you Dan's email address, be prepared to chase him daily for about a fortnight at least. I think he only reads emails when there is a full moon or something. Nice bloke, but rubbish at replying to email.

:)

Hi Ray,

Ah, yes, of course, Williams & Co, a valued customer for many years.

Totally understand what you're saying about keeping active. That really appeals to me as I've tried on a couple of general business forums over the last 12 months, and they were nowhere near as friendly as this one!

My only concern is that I don't have anything to offer the forum, on plumbing & heating that is. I can help out with general business things, website advice maybe (Google advertising/eBay etc), and I can certainly help out with general storage advice and stuff.

Do you have any recommendations how to be involved, with no real knowledge of P&H?

Kind regards

Amy

john can you let me know if you cant get hold of Dan please,i have a direct contact ,amy,what are the tilt bins like?

john can you let me know if you cant get hold of Dan please,i have a direct contact ,amy,what are the tilt bins like?

Hi, and thanks for your question.

The units are all 600mm wide, and have different number of clear tilting drawers, 3 being the biggest for bigger items, then 4, 5, 6 and 9 the smallest for screws. We supply a metal bar which slots down and means the drawers won't tilt open when the van's moving. The plastic can go down to minus 40 degrees without danger of becoming brittle & shattering.

They're difficult to describe, if you google "van tilt bins" they will come up.

Hi, and thanks for your question.

The units are all 600mm wide, and have different number of clear tilting drawers, 3 being the biggest for bigger items, then 4, 5, 6 and 9 the smallest for screws. We supply a metal bar which slots down and means the drawers won't tilt open when the van's moving. The plastic can go down to minus 40 degrees without danger of becoming brittle & shattering.

They're difficult to describe, if you google "van tilt bins" they will come up.

somebody was asking about this set up the other day,similar to what British Telecom use,if i can remember who can point them in your direction,hopefully they will see this thread,may consider something similar for my van in the future,its a 4x4 and i go off road a lot,the lin bin type ideas not working to well

Hi Amy, welcome to the forum.

I've been eying up some tilt bins for my van, I'll certainly be checking your site out.

I'd be happy to receive some website advice in a few months time - I'm currently working on a shiny new one.

somebody was asking about this set up the other day,similar to what British Telecom use,if i can remember who can point them in your direction,hopefully they will see this thread,may consider something similar for my van in the future,its a 4x4 and i go off road a lot,the lin bin type ideas not working to well

No, although we stock about 40,000 parts bins, we don't really push them for vans. The contents tend to leap about a bit, can be a bit of a pointless exercise unless your drive around on a nice level runway all day!

These bins with locking bars are much better for vans.

Hi Amy, welcome to the forum.

I've been eying up some tilt bins for my van, I'll certainly be checking your site out.

I'd be happy to receive some website advice in a few months time - I'm currently working on a shiny new one.

Well I could try and help out with that. I will lurk around a bit until I see something I can assist with, that doesn't directly involve boilers!

Well I could try and help out with that. I will lurk around a bit until I see something I can assist with, that doesn't directly involve boilers!

Lurk no longer, just had a quick chat with the guvnor and sent him your details.

You should get an email or a phone call soon.

I managed to guess the web address... Us plumbers are smart like that ;)

Looks a good outfit, there's always plenty of members on here showing off there new racking so should fit right in!

I spotted these too which Croppie might like...

I've got a couple of those hats, their great at keeping my head dry in a downpour.

Has anyone got these plastic bins or the shelving in their vans? Looks a good bit of kit.

That looks smart.

Thanks,

Keep all my basic tees elbows straights then reducing fittings 15mm & 22mm clips and then most used fittings, washing machine taps, D.o.c and meter unions in them so I can see my stock and take the right amount of fittings into the job,

Then keep my other fittings taps rad valves flexis and conex fitting in the blue bins

Are these tilt bins big enough for 1.25" & 1.5" waste fittings??

Hi Riley,

We stock the tilt bins so I can help if you need any assistance. There are two bigger units than those shown which have either 4 or 3 drawers. The overall unit width is 600mm regardless of how many bins are within it, the heights and depths differ though.

The tilt bin 4 is by far the most popular seller for us. We supply ours with the metal locking bar included, so if you're buying elsewhere make sure you include one to stop them falling open.

Any questions, I'm happy to help! I was trying to get an advert on here, but still no joy.. I'll keep trying though because it's a fab forum.

PHPI professional heating plumbing installer mahgazine free at different trade counters , always have a read while im waiting

Hi Riley,

We stock the tilt bins so I can help if you need any assistance. There are two bigger units than those shown which have either 4 or 3 drawers. The overall unit width is 600mm regardless of how many bins are within it, the heights and depths differ though.

The tilt bin 4 is by far the most popular seller for us. We supply ours with the metal locking bar included, so if you're buying elsewhere make sure you include one to stop them falling open.

Any questions, I'm happy to help! I was trying to get an advert on here, but still no joy.. I'll keep trying though because it's a fab forum.

I've got your website permanently open at the moment just need to decide what I want.

Are these tilt bins big enough for 1.25" & 1.5" waste fittings??

I can get 3-5 fittings in the bigger bin
3 1.5" elbow could get 4 at a squeeze

So if you where going to use these for waste fittings i'd go for the bigger bin again defiantlyDSC_0611.jpg

Hi Riley,

Thanks Amy I just want some sensible way of storing waste fittings. I don't like bags sliding around inside the van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What trade magazines do your read - and is there admin on this site please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock