Discuss What trade magazines do your read - and is there admin on this site please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Filplastic-Amy

Hi,

We're a family run business in East Yorkshire. We sell van storage kits, tilt bins with a locking bar, and have found a lot of our customers to be plumbers.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the best, most popular trade magazine for us to advertise the kit in? We don't have a massive budget and want to get it right!

Many thanks, Amy

P.S I wanted to advertise on the front page of this site, but can't get hold of anyone. Do you know if there are any admin knocking about please?

Hi, and thanks for your question.

The units are all 600mm wide, and have different number of clear tilting drawers, 3 being the biggest for bigger items, then 4, 5, 6 and 9 the smallest for screws. We supply a metal bar which slots down and means the drawers won't tilt open when the van's moving. The plastic can go down to minus 40 degrees without danger of becoming brittle & shattering.

They're difficult to describe, if you google "van tilt bins" they will come up.

somebody was asking about this set up the other day,similar to what British Telecom use,if i can remember who can point them in your direction,hopefully they will see this thread,may consider something similar for my van in the future,its a 4x4 and i go off road a lot,the lin bin type ideas not working to well

Hi Amy, welcome to the forum.

I've been eying up some tilt bins for my van, I'll certainly be checking your site out.

I'd be happy to receive some website advice in a few months time - I'm currently working on a shiny new one.

somebody was asking about this set up the other day,similar to what British Telecom use,if i can remember who can point them in your direction,hopefully they will see this thread,may consider something similar for my van in the future,its a 4x4 and i go off road a lot,the lin bin type ideas not working to well

No, although we stock about 40,000 parts bins, we don't really push them for vans. The contents tend to leap about a bit, can be a bit of a pointless exercise unless your drive around on a nice level runway all day!

These bins with locking bars are much better for vans.

Hi Amy, welcome to the forum.

I've been eying up some tilt bins for my van, I'll certainly be checking your site out.

I'd be happy to receive some website advice in a few months time - I'm currently working on a shiny new one.

Well I could try and help out with that. I will lurk around a bit until I see something I can assist with, that doesn't directly involve boilers!

john can you let me know if you cant get hold of Dan please,i have a direct contact ,amy,what are the tilt bins like?

Well I could try and help out with that. I will lurk around a bit until I see something I can assist with, that doesn't directly involve boilers!

Lurk no longer, just had a quick chat with the guvnor and sent him your details.

You should get an email or a phone call soon.

I managed to guess the web address... Us plumbers are smart like that ;)

Looks a good outfit, there's always plenty of members on here showing off there new racking so should fit right in!

I spotted these too which Croppie might like...

I've got a couple of those hats, their great at keeping my head dry in a downpour.

Has anyone got these plastic bins or the shelving in their vans? Looks a good bit of kit.

Ive got tilt bins in mine

DSC_0142.jpg

That looks smart.

Thanks,

Keep all my basic tees elbows straights then reducing fittings 15mm & 22mm clips and then most used fittings, washing machine taps, D.o.c and meter unions in them so I can see my stock and take the right amount of fittings into the job,

Then keep my other fittings taps rad valves flexis and conex fitting in the blue bins

Are these tilt bins big enough for 1.25" & 1.5" waste fittings??

Hi Riley,

We stock the tilt bins so I can help if you need any assistance. There are two bigger units than those shown which have either 4 or 3 drawers. The overall unit width is 600mm regardless of how many bins are within it, the heights and depths differ though.

The tilt bin 4 is by far the most popular seller for us. We supply ours with the metal locking bar included, so if you're buying elsewhere make sure you include one to stop them falling open.

Any questions, I'm happy to help! I was trying to get an advert on here, but still no joy.. I'll keep trying though because it's a fab forum.

PHPI professional heating plumbing installer mahgazine free at different trade counters , always have a read while im waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What trade magazines do your read - and is there admin on this site please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back