Discuss What Tools should I Get For Starting An apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
well at 99p it wont matter if i dont get on with them but i thought i would see what everyone was raving about lol

i dont even take my fone to work :), and thanks, thats like me i left skool early but for this job so i hope everything goes well

well at 99p it wont matter if i dont get on with them but i thought i would see what everyone was raving about lol
You will love them! Not as clumsy as pump pliers, but it will take a lot of practice to handle them properly! Can nip your fingers if you slip off a nut! :laugh3:

we shall see. i can't wait now i've actually taken the "plunge"

I have my Grandad's footprint wrench set from the 1920s and still as good as they were back then. The tiny ones are handy in tight spaces. Must confess I do tend to use the speed wrenches more mowadays.

well my footies arrived today and i must say they look very good. i can't wait to give them a test.

You need to drag yourself away from the computer first mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nice work you found a apprenticeship, same thing my fitter did work experience then he got offered a fulltime job. When i did installs for my first job i didnt buy tools untill about 10 months later. Most of the time you just borrow of your fitter, most fitters have like mutiple sets off pipe slices and when the wheels break they buy a brand new one instead of replacing the wheel lol. Now i do maintence i dont bother bringing tools in, i justborrow.

Tools i would get are
Rothernberg slices brand
Bahco spanners
8" or 10" stillsons
10" pump pliers rothernberger
Go system blowtorch like 25 quid on ebay, dont bother buying heatmat and flux just get it off your firm
Pencils from argos or ikea (free ones)
Junior hacksaw
Hammer
Screwdriver set (ratched one is handy for weak apprentice :) )
Stanley fatmax open tote bag

ahh well today my companys top man came along and had a word with me and told me that due to the current ecconomic world he cant take me on as a plumbing apprentice but its ok for me to do like 3 months unpaid work for him so say that ?? so i am now looking for an apprenticeship in the fife area of scotland any help would be realy appresheated thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Tools should I Get For Starting An apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock