Discuss What Tools should I Get For Starting An apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 for footprints! use mine loads, can get the genuine ones on flea bay pretty cheap direct

+1 for footies, i use mine loads! can get em cheap on flea bay direct from footprint

thanks, i am working on a building site with 10 other plumbers and they have already bought me a open tote tool bag nd i have bought a level and 15mm,22mm,28mm pipe slice also hack saw pencils nd scewdrivers and footprints wich i find great ! the work only have 4 blow torches and have to be shared about normaly there is one on each site.

if they're buying you stuff i think you have landed on your feet there mate. good luck i hope your apprenticeship progresses well

Do not be fooled into asking for a long stand or a sky hook! lol, You get the just, i'm no telling you anymore though! You can figure them out yourself! ;0)

tamz am 15 atm but the the company i work for took me as a work placement and decided they wanted me for an apprentice nd i sed ok but i aint 16 till january so i dont start apprentice ship till september but i am working as a plumbers mate but get to fit radators an bore holes and other stuff.

tamz am 15 atm but the the company i work for took me as a work placement and decided they wanted me for an apprentice nd i sed ok but i aint 16 till january so i dont start apprentice ship till september but i am working as a plumbers mate but get to fit radators an bore holes and other stuff.

Good for you son. Stick at it and show you are keen and leave the phone in your pocket. You have been given a chance not many will get so make the most of it.

I took a boy on a work experience thing years ago who was 15 and more trouble to the school than he was worth. He never went back and they were quite happy to leave him with me. He straightened himself out quick enough working with other guys and worked for me for 8 years before moving on, He is a very good tradesman and i am proud of him.

top lad wish there was more like you,willing to do a bit

+1 for footprints! use mine loads, can get the genuine ones on flea bay pretty cheap direct
just got a set of footies on fleabay 99p plus post i'll wait with baited breath for them to arrive to see if they are as good as everyone says lol

just got a set of footies on fleabay 99p plus post i'll wait with baited breath for them to arrive to see if they are as good as everyone says lol

I think they're a love em or hate em tool, you get used to them straight away or you use them once and leave them in your big toolbox in the van.

Personally I prefer the Knippex grips but I have other Footprint tools including a nice set of chisels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Tools should I Get For Starting An apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock