Discuss What Tools should I Get For Starting An apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would avoid a power torch and get a smaller simple blow torch to start/practice with. Its alot easier to learn with a small flame, and you wont get a beating for burning the customers wallpaper.

i use this torch even for 28mm, its got a great small flame
DIY / Professional Range | GoSystem

as for other tools,

hammer
tape measure
set of decent screwdrivers
pencil
tool bag/box
grips
adjustable spanner
wood chisel
file
15 and 22mm pipeslice
2ft sprit level
pliers
junior hacksaw

A couple of pairs of good, comfortable work pants with kneepads.

U need more than 1 adjustable spanner - get a decent quality set (you don't need to buy Snap-on,- Draper and Stanley are decent enough, but avoid the market stall Chinese rubbish)

Cromwell Tools (on the net) is a good place to buy decent stuff at a fair price from. Their Kennedy branded stuff is good for the money

Last edited:
What age are you?

If you are a young lad and depending on how many plumbers other work at the place, just get some basics. A hammer, a couple of decent screwdrivers, 15 and 22mm pipe slices, a tape, a junior hacksaw a set of 9" footprints and a pair of pump pliars and a couple of adjustables. Put a mark on everything as someone will nick them. Don't bother with a gas torch for now. Most places will give you one if they are half decent.
If there are a few other guys there they will probably pass you some other tools and you can build up the rest to suit the work you are doing
i think its only me and you still use foot prints here i dont know how anyone manages without 9 AND 7 inch FP' especially the smalller ones if your on domestic work pump pliers under a sink unit are a nightmare

i use pump pilers and sometimes find them ***bersome are footprints really that good? maybe i should get some

cheers i will look into getting some and report back actually on thinking about it i have an irwin wrench which are much like footprints you can use them with one hand. will have to look them out.

And towels to wipe up spillages/drips, etc ... as well as your mucky footprints.

op will probably require skyhooks and a long stand at some point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Tools should I Get For Starting An apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock