Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss what is a pipe support pushfit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kandro

Im trying to find out what this object is used for in plumbing. I have a 22mm copper pipe joining a tee socket. I want to strengthen that connection as there will be weight on the pipe that could make the pipe metal bend at the tee section. The tee itself is not bending its the pipe thats attatched to the tee

Thankyou

If Im allowed to put a link in this is the item in a picture

22mm-Smartsleeve-Pipe-Support-Push-Fit_malt1.jpg22mm-Smartsleeve-Pipe-Support-Push-Fit_medium.jpg

It's an insert for plastic pipe and unsuitable for copper.

Why will there be undue stress on the pipe?

for plastic pipeworks from what you are asking here it may be worth getting a pro in!!

There shouldn't be any unsupported weight acting on a pipe that could cause it to bend, whether it be plastic, copper, or any steel pipe.

It's an insert for plastic pipe and unsuitable for copper.

Why will there be undue stress on the pipe?

Im trying to make the frame for a large sculpturetrex.jpg
basically the stuff Im putting around the frame is plastic litter all stuffed around it so it carries some weight. My idea was the lightest plastic at the head & chest & the heavy plastic would be legs & tail. The tail sitting on the floor will help. I cant think of a better frame design using the basic plumbing joint shapes that are avaliable. Tee, corner & elbow.

With you now! You can get a heavy gauge copper.

Or, if you're going to be doing a lot of this stuff, you could get yourself a pipethreader and do the job in 20mm black iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what is a pipe support pushfit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to replace two of the flexible hoses that feed the shower mixer valve. I don't like how they have been bent at a right angle. All the...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we're doing some renovation work to our property and we wanted to install a sauna house (includes shower) in the garden, irrigation system...
Replies
Views
Non plumber here, just a householder so please go easy on me! Our house was renovated several years ago and all plumbing replaced. It is a...
Replies
Views
Hello, as per title I need to cap off the hot/cold feeds to the bath before I rip it out. Its 22mm copper feeding into flexible pipe to the tap...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock